Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: From the Lions' Den - A freestylers' journey.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 957 Posts
    Progress all round ,then. Nice!

Thanks
    No wind worth mentioning.

Warm - warm enough that I got through 1500 ml of Robinsons Orange Barley water in 3 hours - but mercifully with some spells of cloud. Shades on, shades off, rinse & repeat.

No distractions either - I was the only one on the 'West' range, the 4 other seniors were on the same SL as the beginners' course, another of those tiny-targets-at-short-range things.

So why did I hardly raise my Windsor score? I posted a 594, still 19 short of a class 2 qualifier.

- Well for one, the last few days I've had an intense stabbing pain in my right hip every time I bend it a bit. Like every damned step! Trying to pick something up from the ground, jeez I wouldn't inflict that feeling on a politician. With a medicinal spliff, 2 Aldi lagers & 4 Tramadol inside me it's still growling away now.

- For two, my shooting-eye contact lens made a successful bid for freedom halfway through the 50 yd ends. It had been feeling 'weird' since inserting it, I think I had it inside out, but was running late due to watching the livestreams from Berlin so didn't have time to faff about. 'Blurry' doesn't even cover it! Very strange (& careful) drive home too.

At the end of the day, I'm happy that I rose to the extra challenges, that my shooting is still improving, and most importantly that I'm still enjoying it

Now it's the days of 'waiting for the postman'. 4 orders.
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

Thanks
    Monday Update

Order No 1 has arrived

A W&W carbon V-bar bought from one of the FaceBook Archery sales groups.

Looks good 'in situ' too.

Gonna find out on Wednesday (Weather PermittingTM) if I can feel the change of balance on the Tyros as it's unlikely the Blades will have arrived by then.

Now the only problem is getting the 'wrap around' V-bar off the Tyro long rod!

In somewhat less pain today, but still feeling too delicate to string-up & start the SPT session. I'm only a novice FFS, having a day off - especially a Monday - is hardly gonna hurt my Olympic podium chances, is it?
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

Thanks
    LOL No, I couldn't go a full day without stringing a bow!

I'm half-way through my SPT session, but using the 30lb limbs, not the 40lb.

Easier - but not easy. Still burns nicely

Oh yeah - I did get the Tyro V-bar removed, but it took some muscle-power & the curved end of a claw-hammer to widen it enough to get it off the nylon sleeve. Hopefully if I ever need it again it will be easy to restore with mole-grips.

E2A - Playing with the calculator, I only need to improve my Windsor score by 0.3125 points per arrow to reach Class 2 standard. 1.8 points per end. A 3 converted to a 5 or 5 to a 7.
    - Looks like an easier & smaller goal like that!
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

Thanks
    Forecast for this evening isn't great, but I think shooting should be on.

2nd order has arrived - a BLACK chestguard from a small British company. Recommended to me by a Scottish chappie on the Archery UK fleecebook group, who has the same 'fitting' issues as me.
    I sold the Dutch-import 2XL Easton that my moob kept falling out of & ordered an XXL Arrrowhead on Friday, after a couple of emails about sizing. Have to say, I'm very impressed with it, not only is it so comfortable that I'm still wearing it as I type but also seems to be made from quality, heavy-duty materials that give me confidence it'll last for years. Totally cups my moob too!

- and all for under 12 quid, delivered

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-NEW-A...H/401145256319

So, it's the two 'biggie' orders I'm waiting for now

The Croatian Blades which are on the way, but no tracking.

..and the arrows-and-stuff order from Merlin which is still being built I guess.

btw, my new Croatian friend is through to the last 24 of the recurve, he's shooting his next match in about 2 hours.
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

Thanks
    ...and tonights' Mickey Mouse round was -

A Bray. Well, actually a Bray I & a Bray II.

All 8 of us shot it, I came 4th again, losing out to my barebow nemesis by a mere 4 points. For the record I shot 374.

I really don't like shooting indoor distances on a beautiful summer evening. But hey-ho, to get along sometimes you have to go along.

Hopefully back to the Windsor on Sunday.
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast