Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Thanks
    It is difficult to say in forums where you don't get to see the source information. Your fist post said
    "...I’ve just had a stern ticking off...". In your last post it has escalated to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowlad View Post
    ... incredibly aggressive... and ... plain nasty message full of bile of misinformation and accusations plus a clear indication they will process the renewals as slowly as possible...
    The first account of a stern ticking off I would probably, on the face of it, say 'yehhh, okay I screwed up' then chuck it in the bin and get on with my life.
    The last account of 'bile...' doesn't sound like 'stern ticking off' and probably not justified and would respond to the sender and their chairperson.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCurry View Post
    It is difficult to say in forums where you don't get to see the source information. Your fist post said
    "...Iíve just had a stern ticking off...". In your last post it has escalated to...
    The first account of a stern ticking off I would probably, on the face of it, say 'yehhh, okay I screwed up' then chuck it in the bin and get on with my life.
    The last account of 'bile...' doesn't sound like 'stern ticking off' and probably not justified and would respond to the sender and their chairperson.
    It was the even more aggressive reply to an apologetic email that really got me. Not an ounce of compassion or similar.

Anyway I must move on; itís wound me up far more than it should have done, probably partly because my son was also involved. Apparently the shoot officers have now had a stern ticking off too. I now feel a bit bad for them now. All super friendly and very accommodating.

Thanks
    As far as Archery GB is concerned, I found what looks like an older schedule online (nowt I could find on the AGB site). It specifically said that what was covered was all activities recognised and authorised by GNAS etc etc. It strikes me that, if AGB say that any activity is unauthorised due to one person not being fully paid up, then the insurance doesn't cover you. Simply because they say it doesnt.

If course it was an old document. 2014 ish.

Thanks
    No cards yet so I’ll think we’ll have to can any hopes of shooting this Sunday. Next one we can do is September 8th.

So a pretty harsh “lesson” badly dealt with by an angry “official.” Time to move on.

In other news, our ultra reliable Subaru Outback went in for a replacement exhaust today, came out with a dead engine. Not worth sorting so down to one vehicle. It’s an nice one but we need two.

Not the best start to a week; same as last Monday!

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote: 'I know itís only pride but being treated like some naughty child is really quite upsetting; the strong implication is that I/we broke the rules on purpose.' Unquote.

Whenever I have been on the receiving end of 'unpleasantness' I just remind my self that "Some people are never happy unless they are miserable".

I know what Rik means about 'perceived power'. They try to use it to disguise insecurity or imagined self importance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to albatross For This Useful Post:

Kernowlad (10-06-19)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    Quote: 'I know it’s only pride but being treated like some naughty child is really quite upsetting; the strong implication is that I/we broke the rules on purpose.' Unquote.

Whenever I have been on the receiving end of 'unpleasantness' I just remind my self that "Some people are never happy unless they are miserable".

I know what Rik means about 'perceived power'. They try to use it to disguise insecurity or imagined self importance.
    I just cannot ever fathom it. I've managed people, run a business, taught various things and never ever felt the need to belittle anyone. I just don't get the need for "power" (look what it does to politicians...) in any walk of life.

And you're totally right - someone having a pointless hissy fit is their own issue, not ours and it contrasted so strongly to the lovely people we met at the tournament. People can also be a lot "braver" behind the safety of a keyboard.

Anyway it's back to practising in the garden and doing the odd club shoot in the woods until September. No bad thing.
    Mybo Origin

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast