Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chuffalump View Post
    As far as Archery GB is concerned, I found what looks like an older schedule online (nowt I could find on the AGB site). It specifically said that what was covered was all activities recognised and authorised by GNAS etc etc. It strikes me that, if AGB say that any activity is unauthorised due to one person not being fully paid up, then the insurance doesn't cover you. Simply because they say it doesnt.

If course it was an old document. 2014 ish.
    The current AGB insurance information is available online https://www.archerygb.org/about-us-s...s-of-shooting/
    "Shooting Administration Procedures"
    The insurance document is available to any registered club from AGB

Thanks
    There are two separate things here. As insurance is provided for members then the membership organisation is beholden to keep an accurate record of who is a member and when they joined - we all know the first thing any insurance company will want to know is that the person with a claim is entitled to ask in the first place.

Realistically they can add you to their list as soon as your money has cleared. Proving that membership to someone else - even within the organisation - who does not have access to the list is another matter. AGB say you are covered as soon as you have paid your Club Secretary - so if that money is in the Club's account or a cheque sitting on the secretary's kitchen table then the secretary can give you a receipt to show you have joined. The next backup is the e-card which may use all year round now.

For an organisation to take your money and then delay providing you a service you are paying for is quite probably against consumer law - would be interesting to check that out.

For someone - however volunteer - to be interfacing with members who has had a humour bypass - well who knows what is going on - tired of doing the job, lack of volunteers to take over etc etc - but not acceptable. Never was, but these day organisations need to be friendly and positive and helpful.
    Its the unknown that makes life so rich. Paul Arden

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mk1 For This Useful Post:

Kernowlad (12-06-19), LionOfNarnia (11-06-19)

In the Red
    Thanks
    As Mk1 thinks, it is simple contract law, you paid so the witholding of the service is a breach of that contract and you can seek damages of one and a half times the annual subscription ( see Broderick v Gale and Ainslie).
    Now the problem for a club organising a shoot under the auspices of a national organisation and their insurance is being able to confirm that you have paid and are thus eligible to participate and will be covered by that insurance so your gripe goes back to square one.
    I would suggest that you approach the person who failed to issue your card in a timely manner contact the organiser of the shoot and explain themselves so you get at least the entry fee back

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by little-else View Post
    As Mk1 thinks, it is simple contract law, you paid so the witholding of the service is a breach of that contract and you can seek damages of one and a half times the annual subscription ( see Broderick v Gale and Ainslie).
    Now the problem for a club organising a shoot under the auspices of a national organisation and their insurance is being able to confirm that you have paid and are thus eligible to participate and will be covered by that insurance so your gripe goes back to square one.
    I would suggest that you approach the person who failed to issue your card in a timely manner contact the organiser of the shoot and explain themselves so you get at least the entry fee back
    I'm not sure what the problem is here. Apart from the OP being chastised in a more amiable fashion, no contract has been broken here. The terms of the contract are that a membership card is delivered with three weeks. It is written in red on page 1 of the membership process. You have no right to start shooting until your card arrives... up to three weeks later. If anyone has a problem with this you might want to check your passport application as they also take three weeks to arrive and you will not be allowed to travel until it arrives. Same applies to your provisional driving license, 3 weeks. No broken contracts or withholding of services.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

Thanks
    I can't claim to know anything much about contract law etc. But....

If the insurance document says that events are covered as long as they are carried out according to AGB rules and policies, then surely an event that does not conform to those rules and policies is de facto not covered?

Thanks
    Chuff - this is NFAS.
    Well we've got the cards but fate dealt us a small blow on Monday as our car (we also have a VW campervan) decided to die on us - a lovely condition, meticulously maintained Subaru Outback is now having to be sold for spares. But this means I can't really have the van all day leaving the wife and daughter without transport. So as it turns out we can't attend the Sunday shoot after all!

After reading this, I got another email with a softening of tone (but I wouldn't say an apology) after this thread had been read. I'm not going to take it any further and think this thread has probably runs it's course.

So the next shoot we can attend is September (we're away all of August so miss a couple then); we'll practise, get better sight markings sorted, get to the club range when we can and go well prepared with the NFAS cards clued to our foreheads.
    Mybo Origin

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast