Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are the best arrows for 3D?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowlad View Post
    I was told you can use full carbons and that was from a coach so I’d say they don’t have to be detectable.

The guy who came first in Compound Unlimited had a pretty long ATA Prime now that looked very “target” to me; only him, myself and my son had long rods, the rest had short, stubby stabilisers, I was the only one with side stabilisers. Yep they can snag the odd branch but i wasn’t worried.

Absolutely no bow elitism; everyone was admiring all types of bows and my green Mybo received a few nice comments.

Get the brightest vanes possible; they do bounce off occasionally. My son got an inner kill that bounced and it had to be scored a 16 instead of a 24!
    A witnessed bounce back on the inner is still a 24 unless someone in the group disagrees - then claim the 16. A bounce into the inner via a Barnes Wallis or deflection is always a 24 because that's where it stuck never mind how it got there.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by osprey View Post
    Hi All

What are the best arrows for 3D which are accurate but can be extracted?

I currently use Easton ACG with a compound bow @ 50lbs, which are great at distances over 70m, but being very thin they go a long way into the target. I shot one at 20M and it went in right to the Fletching. Whilst I can double boss in target archery this is not an option in 3D, and if I hit a tree I think the chance of getting the arrow back undamaged is not likely.

I've also got some old Easton XX75 which can be extracted OK, but are so thick compared to the ACGs that they tend to fall off the arrow rest.

So I'm looking for a bit of a compromise, thicker than an ACG, but thinner than a XX75, and fairly accurate & durable.

I'm considering options like ACC, or even FMJ (I assume the outer casing of aluminium would protect them a bit).

What are your opinions for the best way forward?

Thanks
    Osprey
    Off fingers or with a release?
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123