Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: arrows

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corax67 View Post
    There is a good chance your daughter may be pinching the arrow nock as she draws back, I see this a lot in people new to longbow and still do it to myself now and again.

What type of tab does she use?

If it’s a shelf tab with a finger spacer then maybe thicken the spacer a little using Elastoplast tape and / or widen the gap in the tab face a little so it doesn’t trap the nock.

What glove, if any, does she wear on her bow hand? Some gloves naturally form a crease or fold on the upper part of the hand which will form a little vee that the arrow will sit in.

Canting the bow to one side a little allowing the arrow to rest more against the bow is a great idea too - plays havoc with sight marks when aiming a recurve because of the sight alignment but perfectly fine on a longbow.

Karl
    hi, she doesn't use a tab she uses a glove prob because I do, on her ow hand she use just a wooly glove. I am hoping the change will help her settle a bit as she is bit highly strung and easilly annoyed. after using a recurve for a bit she might rejoin me on elb, if not she can shoot what she likes as long as she enjoys it

Thanks
    In my opinion Karl is probably right. My observation is that when this happens it is usually because the arrow is being accidentally lifted with the finger below the arrow. And if it happens with a longbow, then it'll happen with a recurve.
    Where are my dancing penguins? I was promised penguins ............

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnut View Post
    hi, she doesn't use a tab she uses a glove prob because I do, on her ow hand she use just a wooly glove. I am hoping the change will help her settle a bit as she is bit highly strung and easilly annoyed. after using a recurve for a bit she might rejoin me on elb, if not she can shoot what she likes as long as she enjoys it

Get her a tab it will make the world of difference to her shooting, especially the comfort level.

We start all our guys on A&F tabs (about 15 each) as they are available in both handed versions in a wide range of sizes - rather than a woolly glove for ELB I suggest a cheap set of Saddle Crafrt horse riding gloves (about 2 ! ) which have grippy palms and a reinforced web between thumb / forefinger, ideal for holding reins and having an arrow sit atop her hand next to a bow.

Tabs need a bit of fiddling to get it right for the archer - for example I have a Kaya tab with Fivics spacer (plus tape) and elastic replacing the fabric finger loop as well as an additional thin face all with a widened nock slot. Take the time to play with the tab, don’t be afraid to trim the slot out either.

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12