Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arrows

In the Blue
    Thanks

arrows

evening all, my daughter has a 18lb longbow which she has been trying to get the hang of for the last year on and off. the prob is she cant keep the arrow resting on her hand and it keeps slipping off. before she gets too frustrated I thought I would try her on a little recurve, I found a thing called a armex archery black spirit at 18lb. thing is (here comes the question) the blog with it recommends arrows called a1, a2 a6 or a8 and I cant find these, are they a company? size? only available at kiosks on a roads?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Here has A1 & A2
    https://www.pownalls.com/products/Ar..._Arrows_Armex/

here has those & others:
    https://www.archeryandcrossbowsdirec...ecurve-bow-kit

These used to come up n ebay all the time.
    Try googling Armex arrow dealers
    ArcheryDuns

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Raven's_Eye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Do you know why it is going off her hand? Does she pinch the arrow? Are the knuckles of her bow hand parallel or 45 degrees to the bow? Has she tried canting the bow slightly?

I'm asking because depending on the reason, a similar thing may happen with the recurve.
    Longbows, the real bows.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven's_Eye View Post
    Do you know why it is going off her hand? Does she pinch the arrow? Are the knuckles of her bow hand parallel or 45 degrees to the bow? Has she tried canting the bow slightly?

I'm asking because depending on the reason, a similar thing may happen with the recurve.
    And add to that how tight are the nocks on the string?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    And add to that how tight are the nocks on the string?
    I sanded them to just enough grip

Thanks
    There is a good chance your daughter may be pinching the arrow nock as she draws back, I see this a lot in people new to longbow and still do it to myself now and again.

What type of tab does she use?

If it’s a shelf tab with a finger spacer then maybe thicken the spacer a little using Elastoplast tape and / or widen the gap in the tab face a little so it doesn’t trap the nock.

What glove, if any, does she wear on her bow hand? Some gloves naturally form a crease or fold on the upper part of the hand which will form a little vee that the arrow will sit in.

Canting the bow to one side a little allowing the arrow to rest more against the bow is a great idea too - plays havoc with sight marks when aiming a recurve because of the sight alignment but perfectly fine on a longbow.

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast