Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orders From The Nederlands

In the Gold
    Thanks

Orders From The Nederlands

On the 28th May I ordered a pair of recurve limbs from EuropeArchery. They sent me the proof of posting and the tracking number for the parcel. That is when the problems started with the carrier 'PostNL'. To cut a very long story short. There have been two investigations into the whereabouts of the parcel. The only information I could get with the tracking number was it was 'in transit'. After two weeks I notified the supplier That I had not received the goods. After the first investigation they said they had located the parcel and had posted it to the UK. However checking with the UK postal service showed it was not in their records as being received. I notified, the supplier who made a number of telephone calls to establish it's whereabouts.

That started investigation number 2. On Friday 21st June I got an email stating that after several telephone calls the supplier had been promised that the parcel would be delivered promptly. This morning 24th June I received the parcel BUT it had a different tracking number on the delivery slip. I don't know how they can change the tracking number 'mid post'. My concern was that someone had 'unofficially removed the parcel from the system' and when it was discovered it was given another tracking number when it was re-posted! I have to say that EuropeArchery are not at fault. The problems were with the PostNL. I have suggested that the supplier find an alternative carrier as I feel they are damaging their reputation.

So why this post. Just to caution people that ordering from the Nederlands can result in longer than normal delivery times. You may have to be patient, VERY, VERY patient.

Thanks
    TF you got your order at last

Any way to check whether the 'new' tracking number was stuck over the old one? (or evidence the 'old' one had been removed?)

Otherwise it sounds like a totally new order was sent to you. That the 'old' order had been half-inched, but they weren't gonna admit that to you.

As I've said previously, my experience of PostNL has always been good.
    "Cavete ira Leonis"

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    The likelihood is your supplier resent your order while they sort the mess out with their carrier. Sounds pretty decent of them.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LionOfNarnia View Post
    TF you got your order at last

Any way to check whether the 'new' tracking number was stuck over the old one? (or evidence the 'old' one had been removed?)

Otherwise it sounds like a totally new order was sent to you. That the 'old' order had been half-inched, but they weren't gonna admit that to you.

As I've said previously, my experience of PostNL has always been good.
    No. I looked at the outside of the parcel. No other tracking number stuck over the original.

The new tracking number was on the ParcelForce paperwork.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    The likelihood is your supplier resent your order while they sort the mess out with their carrier. Sounds pretty decent of them.
    Yep. I said the problems were with the carrier not EuropeArchery. I will deal with hem again - no problem.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    No. I looked at the outside of the parcel. No other tracking number stuck over the original.

The new tracking number was on the ParcelForce paperwork.
    I think from memory it's perfectly normal for foreign parcels that go through Parcelforce to get a new tracking number once they are in the UK. I believe Royal Mail deal with standard deliveries (things that arrive via airmail services etc.) while Parcelforce deal with tracked express services (EMS). Normally the foreign tracking number when input into the Parcelforce website pulls up the linked UK tracking number, if I remember correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast