Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barebow back tension vs Recurve back tension

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    I think it was the idea of " coming to a dead stop" that made me wonder a bit...
    Well I changed things on Wednesday. I felt I was overdrawing slightly and to get a consistent draw length I was pulling into my bracer. I have now dropped my draw length 1/2 an inch. My anchor is now where my compound anchor is. The bow weight was increased by 2lb to compensate. I shot a short metric last night that was 4 points higher than the UK record The anchor felt really comfortable and stable. I shall test this over the next few weeks.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 962 Posts
    Sounds good.
    It is interesting that the draw length can be shortened by half inch and still feel good; when previously it also felt good at half inch longer. I don't mean that in an unkind way; it is something I have read about on the forum some years ago about a top level compounder being able to shoot well within a 3/4" variation in draw length. The favourite draw length gave equally good results, but easier.
    So, to clarify, at full draw you are not really increasing the draw length but still pulling so as not to creep; have I got that about right?

Thanks
    I would ask Danny Hickman in the UK or John Dremmer USA what they do.......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    Sounds good.
    It is interesting that the draw length can be shortened by half inch and still feel good; when previously it also felt good at half inch longer....So, to clarify, at full draw you are not really increasing the draw length but still pulling so as not to creep; have I got that about right?
    Yes, initially the longer draw felt fine. It gave me a degree of consistency as I had a mechanical reference point, ie the bracer. It was like a very soft compound wall if I didn't pull too hard. My problem is that as I change anchor from high to under my jaw as a normal recurve anchor, for 90m, I lose that contact. Although coming forward on my anchor initially gave me a sense of a lost anchor point, with my eyes closed I can come to the same draw length 5 out of 6 times for both anchor points.
    And yes, I have to keep pulling to keep the draw length stable and not collapse. I'm currently trying to avoid creeping both forward and backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehart View Post
    I would ask Danny Hickman in the UK or John Dremmer USA what they do.......
    Hello Whitehart, yes I have chatted to Danny a couple of times about draw, anchor and shooting form. I know Danny has a single anchor and uses gap shooting a lot. I will ask him next time I see him if he comes to a dead draw length or if he continues to draw very slowly. I may ask Mr Dremmer the same question but it always strikes me as a bit of an imposition to ask people questions directly if I don't know them or not invited to ask questions. Although I think he has a website so I may that follow that up.
    I have watched loads of his videos and can see no movement in the arrow tip/elbow, anchor at all when at full draw.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 962 Posts
    Thanks KidCurry, We have a new archer at the club and he has started with recurve barebow. I would like to help him, so getting advice from you will be useful, when I try to help him.
    I am also interested in this thread, for my own information. NOt that I shoot barebow, but I just like to know how different disciplines adjust the "standard" form, to suit their needs.

Thanks
    Or in the UK I would look to Jason Meehan for advice. Probably the best barebow archer in the country.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Drain you of your sanity

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Valkamai For This Useful Post:

KidCurry (17-08-19)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234