Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrow choice - ACC or Carbon One ?

Arrow choice - ACC or Carbon One ?

Here comes the first of my questions for you knowledgeable people.
    I'm just in the process of making a return to archery after a lay-off of 12 years. (Target archery in a recurve bow.)
    Back then I was shooting Easton ACCs and was fairly pleased with their performance. I'm going to have to start all over again as all of my previous equipment has gone the ebay route.
    Looking at various websites I see newer options for all archery stuff.
    I would like to make my return with nothing less than ACCs, (or at least with something that's on a par with them) so my first question is :-

What are the pros and cons of Easton ACC arrows compared with Easton Carbon One arrows ??? (I'll be shooting indoors and, if the rain ever stops, outdoors as well)

I'm planning to go for limbs that will be around 34lbs at my arrow length of 27" so my next question is :-

Looking at the Easton shaft selection chart there are 2 different spine/weight specs shown for ACCs when I entered my details ---

Size - 3L-04 ; . . . Weight - 7.00 ; . . . Spine - 0.750 ; AND >
    Size - 3X-04 ; . . . Weight - 6.70 ; . . . Spine - 0.830 : < SO ~ which of these 2 shafts should I choose ???

(There was only 1 spec shown for the Carbon One arrows, so there wasn't a problem there.)

Thanks for your help.

Cant comment on shooting Carbon Ones, but be aware that using all carbon arrows will restrict where you can shoot, as alot of clubs and grounds do not permit them.
    Personally I'd stick with the ACC's or go for ACE's if weight/distance is an issue.
    -Si

my first carbon arrows after aluminiums were Beamans which are all carbon. one or two competitions now stipulate no all carbon arrows so if the Easton Carbon Ones are all carbons u may find yourself restricted (as SiKirk has pointed out). I then when to ACCs which were brilliant and i know of archers that have stuck with them (and i believe you can buy singles if you need to). Next came the ACE and with them, the scores went up by quite a jump. Brilliant arrows and i used them for a long time but then the scores started to go down and someone pointed out the arrows were getting somewhat shiny at the front and were becoming weak. Then came the X10s and the scores jumped another notch until the arrows became a bit unstable. problem is they didn't last as long as the ACEs which didn't last as long as the ACCs so you have to weigh up price against length of service as well (apparently the top archers change their arrows every 6 - 9 months but then they tend to get them free anyway so it doesn't make much difference to them but it does make a difference to us normal people).
    Personally, if they are your first carbons, go for the ACC and good luck

Thanks Si & Phil.
    That'll be me decided on which arrows then. If I could, I'd definitely go for the ACEs but at more than twice the cost of ACCs, the ACCs win!

Only thing I'd like to know now is which of the two "suggested" (by Easton) shafts I should go with ??? --- the 3L-04 OR the 3X-04.
    If anyone can explain which would be best suited to me I'd be grateful.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. english_archer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What about ACG's ? the arrow Easton replaced the Navigator with.
    Ladies and gentlemen this is "Black sunshine"

friskneybowmen www.archery.uk.net The home of Team Friskney

I'd always look for a doz used ACE's over ACG personally.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast