Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compound Sights

In the White

Compound Sights

Howdy howdy howdy,
    Just a quick question.
    I'm in the market for a new compound sight around Christmas time and I've had my eye on the Sure-Loc Challenger 550 (9" extender). What i'd really like to know is if anybody has had any major problems (or minor problems) with this piece of equipment. Is there any other sight around the same price that anybody would recommend? If all goes to plan, I'll be heading down to Quicks to see if they'll let me try any or all that people suggest to me.
    Reasoning behind preferences would be great too, i.e. weight, adjustability, stability, strength etc.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Thank you please!
    Honestly, it was a ten when it left bow!

Blog Entries
    When I got my compound the guy at Quicks said that they had had a couple of Challengers returned as faulty but had never had either a Supreme or a Shibuya Ultima returned. I went with the Shibuya as they didn't have any Supermes in stock at the time and it is a fantastic sight. The only thing I'd like is a Superme style way of detaching the scope but leaving the sight block attached. I also felt that the click adjustments on the Challenger weren't as nice as the Ultima, although I can't comment on the Supreme.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. simon m's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you can get your hands on an axcel sight & feel the quality of it. Sold me in ten minutes of fiddling with one.
    Hunting Custard........

i have a challenger 9" bar, said this b4, but the horizontal windage is not enough, in wind u can run out real quick and have to get your hex key out to move the bar along. not cool at a comp. plus the clicks vary in their feel, so i would look at something else. maybe the shibuya. if u look at a copper john or excel u can see what a decent amount of windage is.
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Blog Entries
    Don't bother with the Challenger. Save up a bit longer and buy a SureLoc Supreme. Excellent bit of kit. I have 3 and wouldn't swap them for anything else.

Adam
    Still not too old to kick ****
    Hoyt Pro Staff : Carbofast Pro Staff: Rogue hats

Quote Originally Posted by T101 View Post
    i have a challenger 9" bar, said this b4, but the horizontal windage is not enough, in wind u can run out real quick and have to get your hex key out to move the bar along. not cool at a comp. plus the clicks vary in their feel, so i would look at something else. maybe the shibuya. if u look at a copper john or excel u can see what a decent amount of windage is.
    Agree with this, I have a Supreme - same problem with the windage. I'm not going to change it as I manage OK, but if I was buying now would go for Shibuya or Axcel probably, or maybe the Copper John.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast