Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: animal tagets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In the Blue

animal tagets

evening all, after reading about field archery on here, i decided to check it out. from all the gallery pics I have seen it would appear that most targets are animal. being a veggie I am reluctant to shoot at them (I know they are not real, I just dont like the symbolism) anyway are there clubs where they shoot at random shapes of various sizes? my local..ish club would be the 'cloth of gold'

Blog Entries
    Some field archery uses target faces (AGB FITA?)
    Regarding rubber critters.
    Shoot 'em or don't shoot 'em.
    It's hardly "symbolism" The bow is a weapon designed to kill animals and people.
    Del
    Health Warning:- These posts may contain traces of nut.

In the Blue
    hi del, perhaps wrong choice of words, what I mean is that to me shooting at a rubber animal is not far of shooting at the real thing. now, if it was a rubber chap with his swag bag....

There's a very nice 3D apple which occasionally makes an appearance on a zombie head but apart from that not really. If you want to avoid animal targets it's going to be EFAA where you can pick to just shoot the circles.
    As Del says above the only symbolism is that the targets are supposed to look like the animals they represent as near as they can. I would never ever shoot a live animal as actual hunting does nothing for me but I do think it would be a very sad day if course layers could not get/give the joy of putting an animal target in as near a tableau of real life as possible. A skittish circle bending down to feed in sylvan glade would be lacking.
    P.S. Just saw the latest after writing this - so shooting pretend humans not an issue. To answer - yes there are loads of zombie targets, some of them even have a sub dermal "blood" bag so as they appear to bleed.
    Noli habere bovis, vir. - Bart

In the Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
    There's a very nice 3D apple which occasionally makes an appearance on a zombie head but apart from that not really. If you want to avoid animal targets it's going to be EFAA where you can pick to just shoot the circles.
    As Del says above the only symbolism is that the targets are supposed to look like the animals they represent as near as they can. I would never ever shoot a live animal as actual hunting does nothing for me but I do think it would be a very sad day if course layers could not get/give the joy of putting an animal target in as near a tableau of real life as possible. A skittish circle bending down to feed in sylvan glade would be lacking.
    P.S. Just saw the latest after writing this - so shooting pretend humans not an issue. To answer - yes there are loads of zombie targets, some of them even have a sub dermal "blood" bag so as they appear to bleed.
    hi any, will check out efaa, the man wih a swag bag was a joke of, but in my opinion some people are more deserving than animals

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnut View Post
    hi any, will check out efaa, the man wih a swag bag was a joke of, but in my opinion some people are more deserving than animals
    You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, then there's vegetarians.
    What is your interest in field archery if you dont like the targets that many clubs use, the very essence of the discipline? Its like wanting to go motor racing without using petrol, or going fishing without catching any fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast