Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost finished powered shooting machine..

In the Blue

Almost finished powered shooting machine..

There's some more bits to finish, like the bow mount and release mount, but at least they're straightforward.
    The control circuitry is left to finish working out the logic, but it is at least fun to do.

It can break 180kg rated accessory cord, so it at least has enough power to draw any man operated bow.

It's only going to be a little bit dangerous once all the safety switches are fixed and the operational checklist followed to set it all up.

For even more fun, today I proved that it will work with solar power, so I probably will have the only solar powered shooting machine on the planet when it's finished.

Planning on connecting it to your "ring" doorbell?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

"I wasn't even at home, officer..."
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

That looks really well made and a lot of fun
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

In the Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    Planning on connecting it to your "ring" doorbell?
    You'd think that the last place that archers would make stupid statements about harming people with bows would be on an archery forum. Obviously not.

In the Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCurry View Post
    That looks really well made and a lot of fun
    The engineer/machinist who put it together shot a 1398 at an open Competition as a Junior a few years ago. He's the same guy who was making 800 dollar fletching jigs.
    He simplified a lot of my concepts to make it easier to make and totally designed the motor mount, the sliding nut system to allow the slide to turn itself off while achieving a constant endpoint and the hard stop mechanism.
    We discussed how to cheap out things with bearings, while I selected drive methods.
    Essentially, it would have looked very similar without his input, but would have been about a third as good and nowhere near as precisely made if anyone else had done the fabrication.

I've got photos of almost every other shooting machine put onto the internet and had feature input from the worlds foremost archery physics researcher.
    Hopefully, it will let me do things a lot faster than regular designs with a bit more flexibility while being as good as the best of them. Most don't have a precise enough travel stop.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast