Thread: Foam

In the White

Foam

Any suggestions as to best sources for foam to replace old rotting foam in hard case please?

In the Blue
    The Internet?

Sorry for facetious reply but there are many sellers of custom foam on the web who cut to your exact requirements. A few years ago I purchased a roll of 1m wide 1cm thick closed cell foam from the well known auction site to re-line my pistol case which I also used as backing foam for my bow hard case (before switching to a backpack). The closed cell stuff is stiffer than the standard squidgy stuff.

The site in question doesn't keep purchase history forever but I'll see if I have a record of the seller.

In the White
    Quote Originally Posted by 4d4m View Post
    The Internet?

Sorry for facetious reply but there are many sellers of custom foam on the web who cut to your exact requirements. A few years ago I purchased a roll of 1m wide 1cm thick closed cell foam from the well known auction site to re-line my pistol case which I also used as backing foam for my bow hard case (before switching to a backpack). The closed cell stuff is stiffer than the standard squidgy stuff.

The site in question doesn't keep purchase history forever but I'll see if I have a record of the seller.
    Yup aware of tinternet but so many different foams I was interested in archers actual experiences of types of foam and supplier for the various parts ie arrow grips cutting out for riser and limbs etc . Thanks for looking

In the Blue
    Sorry I can't find the record of actual listing I bought or the seller. However it was very similar to this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Closed-ce...FFrg:rk:3:pf:0

My reasoning on going for 10mm thick was it is easier to cut neatly than thicker foam as I can cut it with scissors and build up layers where necessary, gluing them together.