Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comfort vs Speed

You are pretty much right there. But don't expect the BH sweet spot to be between 8.5 and 9.5" - more like 7 and 8", keep the arrow very close to centre shot as a starting point and expect a bare shaft test to want show a need for a low NP. Don't tune with bare shafts at under 30m - a fast bow will give you spurious results. If it's noisy you have contact, so you'll have spurious results. Eliminate that first. It could be too stiff or too weak a shaft if you are using a button so be prepared to play. I use the second button hole on my bow. I use quite long shafts - it seems to be a node thing with the short BH.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the White
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    You are pretty much right there. But don't expect the BH sweet spot to be between 8.5 and 9.5" - more like 7 and 8", keep the arrow very close to centre shot as a starting point and expect a bare shaft test to want show a need for a low NP. Don't tune with bare shafts at under 30m - a fast bow will give you spurious results. If it's noisy you have contact, so you'll have spurious results. Eliminate that first. It could be too stiff or too weak a shaft if you are using a button so be prepared to play. I use the second button hole on my bow. I use quite long shafts - it seems to be a node thing with the short BH.
    Thanks again TT. I've gone ahead and ordered some Hex 7.2's. I have a few weeks playing with the Uukhas before they get sold on (the quest for the perfect set-up!). Looking forward to getting the Borders but I reckon you'll be hearing from me with lots of tuning questions if you don't mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123