Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiawis limb bolts

Thanks

Wiawis limb bolts

Hi guys,

Have read thru everything I can find in this topic before posting but still not sure I know the answer, hence my question to experience win and win owners pls.

Pls can you explain how far out I can move re limb bolts on a Wiawis nano max to get minimum poundage. There is nothing helpful in the manual. Thanks.

In the White
    Thanks
    There is a section in the innoMax manual where it says "when you set the string on bow, keep weight/tiller bolt is under the bushing. If the bolt is upper than the bushing, it can be shot out anywhere"

The question is, which bushing are they refering to?

I would also assume this is the same for the nano as it seems to be the generic instructions for AL1, CXT etc. It also said the same thing in the Win & Win made Forged + manual.

Hopefully someone may shed a bit more light on this, as I have been scouring for the same answer today myself.

Thanks
    In my manual (AL1/CXT) there is a diagram that shows the lip or edge of the limb bolt not being above the limb pocket when viewed side on if that makes sense.

Attached Images Attached Images

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    Gosh, what a coincidence. I was grappling with this only a week ago when my new WiaWis riser arrived and I wanted to de-power it.
    I knew there was little of use in the W&W manual. And emailing W&W is a waste of time. So I asked a chum who has a Hoyt. Apparently Hoyt's advice is "ease the bolts out as much as you like but leave at least 5 threads engaged" - which seems entirely logical, as it's the threads that take the load.
    Then I called Merlin, who supplied the riser. After some chatting at their end they said "take the bolt out, then screw it in and count the turns. Then from the mid-point of the turns don't move out more than 3 turns. Leave a bit more for higher poundages ". So I counted the total turns of the riser bolts from first engagement to fully in: 14. So from the mid-point (7 turns) in, if I move out 3 turns it's at 10 turns. I.e it's got 4 turns left - which is about the same as Hoyt apparently recommend. Sounds good to me.
    Oh, and even at the mid-point of the bolts (7 turns engaged) the top flange of the bolts will be proud of the riser. So they'll be even more proud at 3 more turns out!
    BTW. I checked whether "Upper" and "Lower" on the lines means anything by setting zero measured tiller, then putting the limbs on upside down and measuring tiller again. It was different. So this says the "Upper" and "Lower" limbs are in fact of slightly different weights. So now I've retuned this new bow, and it's similar predecessor, to zero measured tiller - and they're shooting beautifully, and quietly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Senlac For This Useful Post:

Big John (29-11-15)

Thanks
    Yep, that statement about using a bushing as a reference is indeed not very helpful!

And the diagram isn't clear about the picture showing the extent of maximum height of limb bolt either....

Don't know why W&W don't make this clearer.

Thanks to Sentac for the note from Merlin, will try that today.

Thanks
    Hi guys. Finally got round to playing with my limb bolts today, following the advice above. With the Wiawis, as stated above there are 14 turns to get limbs out from fully in. I have not had the bow long and wanted to drop a couple of pounds. Checked before starting and my limb bolts were 4 turns from being fully in, so that means 10 turns engaged. I then adjusted them to 5 threads 'in'. Issue then was that I couldn't get the limbs in easily. One limb went in with some force but then wouldn't move up to make contact with the bolt and the other one was v difficult to get in.

Playing with the bolts with the limbs attached shows that there is a sweet spot zone where the limbs go in and out quite well.

So I wonder if this is to do with the angle of the limb from the dovetail??? Or maybe my new Wiawis one limbs are just v tight in which case should I ease them with a file (inside the limb slot)?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast