Thread: Graphene vs Velos

In the White
    Thanks

Graphene vs Velos

Hi All

I'm currently shooting the W&W Graphene limbs which are unbeliveably quick. I do however find them a bit 'dead'. Very probably they're too good a limb for my limited skills. Has anyone tried and compared these with the Velos limbs which I believe give a smoother shot. And how do these compare with the new Uukha limbs? Any feedback welcome. Cheers.

In the Red
    Thanks
    When I was looking for a new bow I went to perris and shot both the top of the range ( at the time) Hoyt Quattro limbs with a factor riser, and the uukha VX limbs with their own riser. For me, the uukhas made the Hoyt version feel line they were a cheap beginner bow, with the uukhas being smoother, faster, more forgiving and having a much nicer feel. That was personal opinion of course, but I would advise you to move away from the mainstream, and try Uukha and Border limbs, you will be pleasantly surprised.....

In the White
    Thanks
    Cheers. I was lucky enough to try some Uukha (EV10) and Border (Hex 6) briefly at the weekend. Both were great to shoot. The Uukhas were lovely - very responsive and they felt 'alive'. The Borders were incredibly stable-feeling and so pleasant to draw. With only 30lb limbs I was hitting 180 yards on a clout field with no effort. I would describe them as 'stately'. Would you say the matching riser would be the way to go too?

In the Red
    Thanks
    I have heard some people say Uukha limbs do not like some Hoyt risers, again a phone call to Perris would be the best bet, as they will have had customers shooting that combo I am sure.

If you are looking for a new riser though, you wont go wrong with either the Uukha or Border riser, but there wil probably be a delivery wait for both, they tend to not be off the shelf like some....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mbaker74 For This Useful Post:

ColinL (26-06-19)