Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Than One Club.... Dilemma

In the Gold The Fonz Award. cestria's Avatar
    Thanks

More Than One Club.... Dilemma

I was wondering at the politics of being a member of more than one club?

The club Iím at, at present is a great club. Friendly, good coaching etc. the only problem is we only shoot once a week.

I donít take my archery that seriously (yeh,, right) but feel, that if I got the chance to shoot more often, there is room for a vast improvement.

There is another club nearby, where you are able to shoot dawn till dusk if the mood takes you. I donít want to necessarily leave our club to join this other club, so is it right to be in more than one club? How would you split allegiance at comps etc?
    Don't think...............Just shoot.

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Ceri Jones's Avatar
    Thanks
    My main club is U.W.B.A.C. but i shoot at Gwynedd Bowmen, Snowdon Archers & Carmarthen Archers.
    If you are a GNAS member then you should be ok, and all you need to do would be to affiliate with a second club or pay their visitors fee.
    Under comps you use youre main club, so in my case i enter comps under U.W.B.A.C.
    A Flatfoot of History

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    You've joined an archery club to do archery, your needs it would seem aren't been met fully at your current club, there is no hard and fast rules about joining as many as you like and draw on their resources, both from facilities and other archers experience, you could also if you're not happy with the reasons you can only shoot once a week you could see if anything can be done to change that rule.
    If your club officialdom has any objections which I strongly doubt they will have to you joining another club you must then ask yourself what you want, lots of practice time to improve your game or just make it a social club like pursuit.
    Plus lots of clubs will let you shoot at their grounds with a pay per play fee.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. clickerati's Avatar
    Thanks
    My club has one official and one target day per week. Now, there is a proviso that we can shoot any day of the week (apart from Saturday, which is longbow day) as long as there are 2+ people shooting (for safety and ease of setting up targets). My club has close ties with a few London clubs, so we've been invited to come and shoot with them on occasion, as well. For me, the bonus is that two of these clubs can be reached by public transport. I don't have a car, but if I did, I would consider joining a club closer to me to affiliate with that isn't near public transport.

It's an X The Fonz Award. FlightyRachel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hiya, I am a member of 2 clubs and it's no problem. They both seem to welcome me as a full member and I've never been excluded because I don't affliate through one of them. I also shoot as a guest somewhere else.

Lots of people are members of more than one club, so I'd go for it, just tell your original club what you've told us; they are great but you'd like more access to a range as well.

In the Black
    Thanks
    If you do affiliate to another club don't forget to find out if there are any restrictions on the amount of time you can shhot on their ranges.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast