2011 uk rankings

T101

does anyone know if the criteria is the same as last year? archery GB site only lists 2010 criteria.u think it would be up by know.

are the 70m h2h rounds (not the 720's) changing to 50m?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
As the majority of 720 shoots are still at 70m I'm going to assume so will the rankings be... whether they'll also include 50m scores is a different question. As is whether you still need to have shot in two H2H shoots.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
bimble said:
As the majority of 720 shoots are still at 70m
Really? I've not yet come across one which isn't moving to 50m for my fellow (still a novelty, go with it) compounders. Rivernook, Surrey and Oxford are all 50m.

In fact I'm fairly certain that you can't get WRS in 2011 unless the Compound distance is 50m. Unless the ranking criteria change, no-one will get one.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Both the Andover Gemini and Southampton H2H are at 70m (according to the entry forms) and both are WRS. And the National Series are also at 70m.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
bimble said:
Both the Andover Gemini and Southampton H2H are at 70m (according to the entry forms) and both are WRS. And the National Series are also at 70m.
They're both early shoots and the forms might be a while old. Rivernook did the same but then re-issued the form stating they'd have to switch to 50m to maintain their WRS.

It seems like a bit of impending doom if the rankings stipulate one or the other and the other or the one still take place. Loads of archers will drop out of the rankings, myself included.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Here's the Rivernook note, sent to everyone on their mailing list. Nov 14th I received this:

"Dear all,
Owing to a major rule change affecting compound tournaments which comes into effect on April 1st 2011,
we have revised the format of the tournament next year for compound archers. This is essential to maintain
our world record status.

Please find attached the revised detail and entry form.

If you shoot compound and have already entered, please reply to this email indicating whether you are willing to shoot in the new format.
If you wish to withdraw, a full refund will be offered."

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I found on he GNAS website:
Therefore, in order to offer equal opportunities for both compound and recurve archers to compete at the same event for this season at least it is proposed that the 70m qualification round and eliminations and finals in sets are retained for compound archers. A dispensation for doing this is being sought from FITA. It is recommended that where clubs have already obtained WRS for their events entry forms should state this but there should be a note that this may change following a decision from FITA. Clubs are obviously free to stage the new 50m competition if they so desire. They should however inform Archery GB that this is their intention.

It should be noted that the 70m round when shot by compounds will not be eligible for World Record Status, but it will be UK Record Status. For recurves the 70m will remain at Word Record Status level.

This will also lead to a change in the Ranking Criteria for the 2011 season, being that 70m UK Record Status rounds will be allowed. There are other changes being considered at this point in time. Details will be confirmed as soon as possible.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
bimble said:
I found on he GNAS website:
I suspect the aforementioned details relate to how to allow WRS 50m rounds into the rankings. The score levels are of course similar but not identical.

Not sure there's much of a case for keeping UKRS 70m which'll be unique to the UK except to maintain the small club/tournament saturation model and avoid the change the rest of the world will be going through.

Darkcider

So for a relative newb like me to open competitions, can someone give an example of the minimum comps to enter this season to qualify for rankings?

I've got a number of FITA stars booked already, together with a few UKRS FITA 720s, so what else do I need? I presume that the F720s will mostly transform into the 50m round for compounds?

Cheers,

Mike

Anna K

Ironman
The only 70m that I've got this year are is the GNAS mid summer shoot. All other H2Hs I'm booked into are 50m. The Masters is going to be 50m for compounds. I wish GNAS would get their arses in gear and put up the requirements for 2011, but if it's entirely 70m I'm probably screwed. It is totally ridiculous that we're now a quarter of teh way into the year and they haven't made a decision, even though they knew about this in 2010.

Darkcider - I would expect it to be fairly similar to last year and 2009 in that it'll be 3 FITAs WRS , plus 2 of 70m or 50m and 2 H2Hs (all at WRS), but whether H2H scores count or not depends on whther they go by FITA (ie 50m not using sets), or GNAs from Bimbles post above (70m, must have shot, but no score required).

But then, it could be anything, knowing GNAS

Last edited:

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
three FITA Stars, two 720 scores and it used to be two H2H events... initially the score was included in the ranking, then when the Set System was introduced it was just the case that you had shot in them. I assume that it's still the case.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Assuming they've made their mind up... ;) I might give Pam Tonkin an email tomo, she organises the rankings so if anyone should know...

But then, it could be anything, knowing GNAS

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
I thought a team were working out how to integrate the recurves and compounds shooting together on one field - I'm sure that was the last I heard they were then going to tell TO's how best to go about it, but yes time is going on

Darkcider

three FITA Stars, two 720 scores and it used to be two H2H events... initially the score was included in the ranking, then when the Set System was introduced it was just the case that you had shot in them. I assume that it's still the case.
So I'll have to find some H2H rounds then - anyone 'oop north recommend anything?

Cheers,

Mike

Anna K

Ironman
Assuming they've made their mind up... ;) I might give Pam Tonkin an email tomo, she organises the rankings so if anyone should know...
Ah, I emailed them on 16 Feb and got this reply from Bob. I hope he doesn't mind me reproducing it here :-s

Anna -

Thank you for you question. As I suspect you know, I co-ordinate the
rankings.

I know that the format for the 2011 rankings has been under active
discussion by the GNAS Target Committee. They have not yet advised me of
their decision. So, at the moment, I am afraid that I cannot give you any
additional information.

Yours

Bob Tonkin

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
I've made and enquiry about how they're getting on with that - bare :blush: with me till I get a reply

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
I've made and enquiry about how they're getting on with that - bare :blush: with me till I get a reply
Actually - a link to Target has popped up on the ArcheryGB website
Target - Archery GB

I think Bob will have to mull over how easy it will be for archers to acquire the scores from the 50m ranking round ie how many will be easily available.

A

ASW1973

You can use both 70 and 50m round scores to qualify for GB team in 2011 so i assume you can do the same in the rankings