2011 uk rankings

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
You can use both 70 and 50m round scores to qualify for GB team in 2011 so i assume you can do the same in the rankings
GB Team Qualification and UK Ranking are managed by two different people - doesn't mean they'll be the same or mean they'll be different ;-)

T101

Actually - a link to Target has popped up on the ArcheryGB website
Target - Archery GB

I think Bob will have to mull over how easy it will be for archers to acquire the scores from the 50m ranking round ie how many will be easily available.
soooo is it definately 50m instead of 70m? the article doesn't clear things up.
archery Gb should realise people need to know, like yesterday

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
ASW1973 said:
You can use both 70 and 50m round scores to qualify for GB team in 2011 so i assume you can do the same in the rankings
But in that situation they don't have to be equal - just of equal standard.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if either was eligible with no correction (70m normalised downwards or 50m normalised upwards) because coming 90th or 92nd makes little difference to me.

Alistair - if it's not too personal a question, given your position at the other end of the scale, could you accept being beaten by a point from a 70m score if yours were based on 50m, given you'd shot a trifle better in handicap terms?

A

ASW1973

there are not enough of 50m rounds in uk this year to make selection or ranking on them and so the 70m round is being used still for selection..... this is what was explained to squad members (re selection) so i am sure it will be the same with ranking. No need to alter scores for ranking just take the raw figures their is no real difference, so far this year i have competitiveley shot 2x70m rounds and 1x50m round and scored the same on all three rounds

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
ASW1973 said:
there are not enough of 50m rounds in uk this year to make selection or ranking on them and so the 70m round is being used still for selection..... this is what was explained to squad members (re selection) so i am sure it will be the same with ranking. No need to alter scores for ranking just take the raw figures their is no real difference, so far this year i have competitiveley shot 2x70m rounds and 1x50m round and scored the same on all three rounds
Thanks - there we have it

Darkcider

Thirsk Bowmen are holding WRS 70m fita + h2h 23rd & 24th April see the YAA website upcoming tournaments.
Thanks Steve, seen this one already, but it clashes with another comp I've got booked. I believe that Thirsk do another one toward the end of the season though, so I'll keep my eye out for that.

I've got a double FITA70 booked in with Eccles AC, which is UKRS, but there's no H2H element, so the search continues - have to scan the back pages of the 'comic' when it comes out.

Cheers,

Mike

Darkcider

um slightly random LMP, but ok, do u mean a bow or an actual puppy though?
See the recent reply over on the Alpha Elite thread in the compound section - whilst a little furry creature may be on the cards, I think LMP is referring to a new bow.

One word of caution, get it restrung out of the box - the factory strings are pants.

Cheers

Mike

AntiqueArcher

I know us Longbowers aren't usually interested in such matters but- now we have our own ranking lists we too have issues.

As the scores from H2Hs stopped being included in the total points on the ranking table, there is no reason for us to shoot them. The reason given for their inclusion (originally for Rec/Comp) was to give archers an experience of international competition. Fair enough! Thing is, we don't shoot internationally so there really is no point. In fact, we can only take up some of the limited space on the line at WRS events which other archers would like to have. Further the T.O.s must get cheesed off having to allow a few early places (which some LBers to their shame don't stay for) in the first round of H2Hs for us. Then all that will usually happen is we get slaughtered by a high seeded recurve archer. No fun for anyone involved.

It's great to have a ranking table of our own but some common sense would help.

AA

T101

ok at the masters its 50m/720 qualify then 50m cumulative score for the compounds in the h2h olympic section. 5 ends of 3 arrows. so does this mean the 15 arrow values now count for ranking as per a few years back? and still nothing on Gb website??

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
There is a document on Archery GB regarding qualification:

Target Archery Rankings Procedure 2011

There will be some changes to the rankings this year (2011).

Shoot Requirement. To feature in the 2011 Target Archery Rankings, an archer must complete the following three elements:

Three ladies/gents FITA rounds at shoots with World Record status (WRS) commonly called FITA Stars or UK Record Status (UKRS).

Two FITA 70m rounds at shoots with WRS or UKRS. These can include 70m qualification rounds shot as part of WRS Ladies/Gents FITA Olympic rounds.

One Olympic round (all bowstyles) or Compound Match round (compounds only) associated with a WRS Ladies/Gents FITA or a WRS or UKRS FITA 70m or FITA 50m qualification round.

Calculations. The scores from each archer’s best 3 ladies/gents FITAs and from their 2 best FITA 70m rounds will be added to give their total points. Archers are required to complete either an Olympic round or Compound Match round although the scores cannot be used. .

Categories. Rankings 2011 will be produced for 4 bowstyles – Recurve, Longbow, Compound and Barebow, for both ladies and gentlemen.

Time Limits. All elements must be completed during the period 1st January to 30th September inclusive.

Juniors. Junior archers are welcome to compete on an equal footing with other archers.

Archers competing abroad. Archers who attend WRS tour­naments abroad as individu­als and wish the results to be considered for the Rankings are to arrange for copies of the results (paper or electronic) to be forwarded to the co­ordinator, if necessary via the GNAS Office. Alternatively, the Co-ordinator can be directed to an authoritative web site showing the results. (Scores achieved by GBR teams overseas will be collected automatically)

Notification. Although there is no formal requirement for archers to notify their scores, it helps to prevent mistakes if they do so. Archers should simply list their name, club, gender, bowstyle and the details of the 6 shoots: round, date, place and score. This information should be sent by e-mail to:

Rankings Co-ordinator for theTarget Committee.

Bob Tonkin
e-mail [email protected]

To arrive by 10th October 2011.

Target Committee

So 3 FITA's, 2 FITA 70's for scores.. and a H2H for participation.. easy!!

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
So 50m quallie scores are not eligible? Dang - I'm not entered for any 70m tournaments, as all my local (ish) ones have switched to 50m.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
So having thought about this for 10 mins:

Double WRS 50m round shooting days may well be sparsely attended, as they count for nothing.

International Archers shooting nothing but 50m will drop out of the rankings.

The fact that this has come so late means that 70m shoots may already be full, and so some people can't get the shoots in - which is where I am, I suspect.

There'll be archers missing from the rankings this year. Sorry, AGB - own goal.

EDIT: Have sent an email to all the T/Os of shoots I'm attending this year to canvass their views on moving Double WRS 50m shooting days to UKRS 70m instead.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Well done Tracy on finding that - I'm on the website and can't find it anywhere!!

Ah got it - no update listed on the front page but its on the target page

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Though as the National Series seems to still be at 70m and most of the UK International Archers have a pop at it I'm imagining that they'll be ok. And there are still places left (well 105 as of March 13th) at the Andover Gemini Shoot (Double 70m). The Southampton 720/H2H (second May bank holiday) might also still have spaces.

International Archers shooting nothing but 50m will drop out of the rankings.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
bimble said:
Though as the National Series seems to still be at 70m and most of the UK International Archers have a pop at it I'm imagining that they'll be ok. And there are still places left (well 105 as of March 13th) at the Andover Gemini Shoot (Double 70m). The Southampton 720/H2H (second May bank holiday) might also still have spaces.
I wasn't specifically thinking of the squads (although point well made), but also archers who can only shoot abroad (at whatever level) - probably not many though.

Cheers for the heads up on the Gemini - have emailed the T/O to ask.

Edit: Got a response on the Gemini already - plenty of spots left. Mine will be in the post this weekend.

AntiqueArcher

Cheers LittleMissP.

Although late in arriving, we have to work with what we have.

Very frustrating as I've arranged my summer season around attending just enough WRS shoots to ualify for a ranking, when I could have just stuck to UKRS ones at times. Especially when there are others who still have to find some 70m events.

Looking forward though, I think it should mean that the premiere events and other WRS shoots are not so quickly booked up.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
So we have the first example of a comp with a Double 50m round now offering (but not replacing with, to their credit) a Double 70m round to Compounders as well. Be interesting to see how many non-squad 50m shooters there will be...

Who'd be a T/O?

Edit: to make myself sound less like a gibbering flump in my syntax