2011 uk rankings

C

Compound10

cut and pasted from the AGB document

Shoot Requirement. To feature in the 2011 Target Archery Rankings, an archer must complete the following three elements:

Three ladies/gents FITA rounds at shoots with World Record status (WRS) commonly called FITA Stars or UK Record Status (UKRS).

Two FITA 70m rounds at shoots with WRS or UKRS. These can include 70m qualification rounds shot as part of WRS Ladies/Gents FITA Olympic rounds.

One Olympic round (all bowstyles) or Compound Match round (compounds only) associated with a WRS Ladies/Gents FITA or a WRS or UKRS FITA 70m or FITA 50m qualification round.

T101

ah so its like it was a few years back, 70m h2h points tally count. thanks Anna for saving the remainder of my brain.

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
T101 said:
ah so its like it was a few years back, 70m h2h points tally count. thanks Anna for saving the remainder of my brain.
The H2H points tally does NOT count. You just have to shoot one to qualify.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I know the Surrey Champs is allowing compounds to shoot 70m if they wish (double 720 on the Sat), so they can get ranking points. I'm down for shooting 50m but having lost the Gemini shoot, if I don't get the scores I want at Southampton this weekend I'm going to ask to switch.

Edit: as an aside, I'm finding it a nighmare that 50m doesn't count towards rankings, I'm struggling to find 70m (as others appear to be) and seeing as it's the new compound distance...

AntiqueArcher

A big thank you!

I feel a big THANK YOU is in order for the work Bob Tonkin puts in each year compiling the ranking lists.
I don't believe he is paid for the work. Cheers Bob!!!
AA

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
I feel a big THANK YOU is in order for the work Bob Tonkin puts in each year compiling the ranking lists.
I don't believe he is paid for the work. Cheers Bob!!!
AA
Amen. I really hope he hasn't been fielding misdirected complaints from Compounders (numbers down this year unlike Recurve) regarding the late 50m/70m decision. But I do hope somebody notices how many Darksiders from the SE there aren't.

G

GuardianAngel

LunkShooter said:
Amen. I really hope he hasn't been fielding misdirected complaints from Compounders (numbers down this year unlike Recurve) regarding the late 50m/70m decision. But I do hope somebody notices how many Darksiders from the SE there aren't.
Yep not many. If 720's could count towards MB/GMB then I would (and they could, just make the threshold high and state only one score could count).

Otherwise there is zero incentive to do all the shoots needed to get a ranking. Did it once as a novelty.

Exarcher

cut and pasted from the AGB document

Shoot Requirement. To feature in the 2011 Target Archery Rankings, an archer must complete the following three elements:

Three ladies/gents FITA rounds at shoots with World Record status (WRS) commonly called FITA Stars or UK Record Status (UKRS).

Two FITA 70m rounds at shoots with WRS or UKRS. These can include 70m qualification rounds shot as part of WRS Ladies/Gents FITA Olympic rounds.

One Olympic round (all bowstyles) or Compound Match round (compounds only) associated with a WRS Ladies/Gents FITA or a WRS or UKRS FITA 70m or FITA 50m qualification round.
I can't understand how my name has appeared in the rankings then..... I only shot 1 FITA Star all year + 2 WRS FITA 70m and 1 FITA 70m head to head !

T101

here we are again, not been able to find anything on GB website (no suprise there then) ofcourse that doesn't mean its not there ;0) Anybody heard anthing on 2013 ranking system yet? Annoying as need to book in those 50m coming up soon.

Matthames

I am going on the assumption that this year will be pretty similar to last years with 3 FITAs and 2 FITA 50 or 70 depending on what your bow style choice and a head to head.

My choice of competitions this year reflect this with at least 5 FITAs, 6 70m and 3 H2H. Which I should think cover all bases.