[RECURVE] 2nd hand Fuse Blades - What are they worth?

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
I'm in contact on fleecebook with an archer in Zagreb, Croatia who is selling a Fuse Blade long rod + twins. When I asked about price he said

"I dont know how much to ask for them. My friend quit archery and now he is selling his equipment, so it is not up to me."

I've put a probably-quite-cheeky opening offer of ?160 to him but I'd like to ask the combined wisdom of our community here, what is a reasonable price under the circumstances, and what's the absolute maximum I should go to?

No rush, it'll be at least a month or two before I can afford to commit. I've asked for pics, I'll post them here once I get them.

Corax67

A brand new set of Fuse long rod & 2 side rods was around ?400 so your punt isn’t too far off the mark for a second hand set depending on condition. Is there a v-bar or extender included too as Fuse extenders are a bit pricey at around ?40.

Don’t think it will be particularly cheap p&p from Croatia so that’s worth factoring in too.

Karl

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
At this stage I don't know - but if not Wales Archery has the Fuse QD 10* down V-bar for ?39 & from what I've seen on YT, the extender doesn't need to match so I'm thinking maybe the last SF Elite 5" extender from Merlin for a mere ?14.87. Failing that, any non-crap round extender will do.

I do know that there are 'quite a few' extra weights & 3 dampers included.

(He calls them 'dumpers' which I find inexplicably amusing.)

I've PM'd him to ask about the V-bar & extender. Seems like a decent chap, he's shot at Nimes & in the European Junior Championships.

Corax67

I still think it’s a pretty decent price.

Did you have a particular hankering for the Fuse stabs? I’ve a full HMC22 setup on my Inno CxT : 3” & 4” extenders with a pair of 10” sides plus a 28” long rod all with dampers and additional weights hanging off a W&W 40 degree V-bar all in red to match my riser - all of this carbon and aluminium gorgeousness was ?125 second hand from a lad upgrading to Fuse.

I’ve shot it in all weathers and in winds from gentle zephyr to hurricane and it’s no less stable (in my opinion) than the far more expensive profiled rigs available.

If this deal doesn’t work out then there are a lot of other pre-used sets to consider too.

Karl

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Red would be a no-no for me - my colour is BLACK.

But yes, I do fancy Blades, they're uber-kewl!

(& I do live in a particularly breezy part of Blighty ;) )

Wouldn't pay 'new' price for a set though - that's more than my riser & limbs & sight etc cost.

...and I do still have 2 other 'nibbles' to my request that I'm waiting for details back on.

E2A - I'm currently using a set of Avalon Tyros that I got in a sale 3 years ago for about ?45 so just about anything is a step up!

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
OK, I've heard back from Zagreb
He says his friend wants 220 Euros for them. That's ?195.32 at todays' rate.
I've said "if that includes postage I'm not 'out' but it's pushing my limit."
But what do you wiseguys think?

Corax67

Depends how badly you want them - I’d be happier if they were in the UK and you could see them first but ?200 is still half price.

Karl

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Yeah, I knew my opening offer was on the low side. He's gonna get some pics for me 2moz so we'll see then.

I have heard from one of my UK 'contacts', he still needs to check the length of his long rod (Ooh-Err Missus!) but he knows the sides are 15". No extender (says he's never felt the need for one) but does have a V-bar. Price about the same he says.

The other contact says he hasn't heard back from his mate yet so 'he can't be that keen to sell'.

I'd be worried if everyone was desperate to get shot of them tbt, the fact that peeps like to keep hold of them says despite the 'hype' they must be pretty decent.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
My 'new friend' in Zagreb was as good as his word, and sent me these photos this morning....

To me, they look in good condition, and there are more weights not shown - He says there are 20 in total. Also (& great news!) the long rod appears to be 33" as it's bigger then the 15" sides laid end-to-end. (Photos 2 & 4)

...and the good news doesn't stop there!

- He says he thinks his friend can be talked into letting me have them for 200 Euros, that's ?177.50 :D

- I've found these people, who will collect from Zagreb & deliver here, insured & tracked, for around 20 Euros/?17.75 which seems reasonable to me:-

https://www.eurosender.com/en/dd/croatia-united-kingdom

I haven't made any firm commitment at this stage - it will take until early August, maybe even early September, before I can afford them!