70 mtr indoor

not dead yet

Ironman
need a few costings b4 i set a fee.... got to guaranttee arrows will not penetrate back stop netting need to find out how much backstop i need and costings will measure up this week and decide how to secure it. and how many the place will accommodate

approx 8 hrs shooting time daily
possibility of weekends also.
waiting on Email for this info

what do people want
indoor practice ?
indoor 720 ?
indoor practice saturday, with 720 on the sunday..?

it won;t be cheap cheap,

recurves, compounds only. i will have full responsibility of this facility

more info to follow

SimonW

Unfortunately too far I think to make it viable for me from Milton Keynes. My parents live in Dolgellau but I think it would be a fair hike from there.

Sounds interesting though, many WMAS and NCAS archers will be interested I think.

Simon

PetrolHead

AIUK Saviour
Unfortunately too far I think to make it viable for me from Milton Keynes. My parents live in Dolgellau but I think it would be a fair hike from there.

Sounds interesting though, many WMAS and NCAS archers will be interested I think.

Simon
As an NCAS archer, too far for me. And, as a Swansea Uni archer, too far for me.
Though it does sound, potentially, really good.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
We'd probably do it depending on dates.

North wales is closer than you think for many NCAS!! :beer:

not dead yet

Ironman
UPDATE.....

mid november on a saturday. with veiw to weekends in jan,feb,march.
depending on feedback.
can accomodate 24 archers at a time for 70 mtrs.
hows sat 13th nov, date to be approved tomoz with full details.

first day practice, timed ends with whistle. extra space there for altering /tuning bows

2 places taken.
pete

Exarcher

Pete,

It's a fair trek for me, but if the facility were good enough, I'd be up for it.

What's the lighting like ?
Is it heated ?
Any idea of costs ??

Cheers, PT:beer:

Darryl

I'd consider it if the costs were reasonable and only if I could participate once a month as it'd be too costly as a weekly thing.

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
Would be interested....Will need costs,facilities etc. as would be driving some distance.
Sounds really good so far.

not dead yet

Ironman
first day practice, timed ends with whistle, for some decorum / etiquette

extra space there for altering /tuning bows

2 places taken.

UPDATE.....saturday 13th november booked . .....?30 for 8 hrs.
9.30 am till 5,30 pm.

usual drinks machines available
pub , bar meals reasonable prices within walking distance.
lighting good,

please p.m. me
fee upfront to pay for hall etc please

SimonW

Would be a long hike from Dolgellau, but only about an hours drive ;) - and a brilliant road
Well, if it's only an hours drive from Dolegllau then I will explore driving over to Mum&Dads on the Friday night, then driving up to the archery on the Saturday, then staying back with Mum&Dad for the Sunday.

I need an excuse to go and visit and this seems like it!!!!

A couple of questions for NDY

1) what is the cut-off date by which you need a committed number of attendees?

2) what happens (to the arrow) if I miss?

I'm working on an issue at the moment that causes misses. I don't want to trash an X10 if it's going to bounce off the back wall etc.

Thanks,

Simon

(I remember shooting indoors at the National Agricultural Centre at Stoneleigh when I was on the Junior squad - we shot a short metric with no back stop netting and a few people had misses and had to go searching for their arrows!!)