A 3 Clout end with my longbow

Alison

Just had a brilliant day at the Bramcote Metric Clout, shooting longbow for the first time instead of barebow. In fact, I only got this bow on Friday as the previous bow couldn't make the distance. Didn't know if this would work either so was really pleased to get 4 arrows scoring in the first end - and the other 2 arrows overshot! Things just got better, but I really didn't expect what happened after lunch - I got a 3 clout end! So I can claim a very nice badge from AGB.

And I won the Ladies Longbow trophy! And claimed a black tassel!

Looks like my barebow will be gathering dust from now on!

Corax67

Outstanding result Alison, brilliant way to christen the new bow - many congratulations !!!

D

Deleted member 7654

Well done :)... details of bow and arrows? Poundage/draw length, what wood, arrow diameter, weight fletchings... shoe size ;)
Del

Alison

Well done :)... details of bow and arrows? Poundage/draw length, what wood, arrow diameter, weight fletchings... shoe size ;)
Del
Thanks Karl & Del.
Bow by Heritage; 33lbs at 23" draw length; 68.5" long; bamboo, purpleheart, ipe; 9/32" shafts with 35gr points and 2" fletchings. I wasn't sure if I would be able to draw it fully as it was 3lb more than the previous bow, but I was ok until the last couple of ends when I was tiring.
Size 6, but maybe next time I will give the 3" heels a miss!

Green Beetle

Well done, brilliant results, and glad you enjoyed the shoot at Bramcote (my home club!). Didn't shoot myself but I watched for a while and will be very tempted to give it a try next year. Hope you will be there too!