A request about bow stands.

Fuzzy

I have a completely standard Cartel RX10 bowstand which has been blown over three times this year because of the wind despite being properly set up with the ground spike and everything. That's three times too many. I want to make some slot on feet to spread the weight out from the end of the legs. These will replace the rubber caps. Think duck feet.

I've got measurements for my stand but could I ask people to grab their stands and measure the diameter of the legs ( without caps)? The more data points I have the more models I can make this fit.

If you have bar-type feet like on the RX101 then I can probably make that fit as well if you've got the measurements. I'll upload the file somewhere so you can 3d print it once I've got the dimensions worked out.

Emmadragon

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
A bit off-topic, but I'd find it worrying that in the technical specs for that Cartel, it states that it weighs 51kg...and it still blew over :unsure::ROFLMAO:

ThomVis

You probably have your RX10 and bow standing like this:

You either need a massive footprint or a massive weight on the base for it to not blow over.

Better swap over to a stand that has your bows center of gravity lower to the ground like this:

(Picture stolen from here)

modernlongbow

I use an arrow forced into the ground when it's wet, and the bottom of a music stand, with an arrow down the centre, when it's dry. Either way, the bow hangs comfortably from its string, with the shelf down.

Kerf

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
You probably have your RX10 and bow standing like this:

You either need a massive footprint or a massive weight on the base for it to not blow over.

Better swap over to a stand that has your bows center of gravity lower to the ground like this:

(Picture stolen from here)
Good, simple advice.

ben tarrow

Why not just use something like a tent peg stuck in the ground at an angle with the curved part over one of the legs?

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I used to use three tent pegs, one at each end of the stand legs. No way it was blowing over :)