AA v Toxonics 5000

Dennarcher

AIUK Saviour
Hi,

Just started to use AA to generate sight tapes for my compound bow. Can't make head nor tail of the sight selection box in set-up. My sight is not listed in the drop down menu and the generic options dont appear to fit my sights characteristics ie it has 12 clicks for 1 full rotation but AA then requires "number of turns".
Number of turns to do what? Cover whatever number of divisions on the sight scale or move the pointer 1" or what?
Dont understand - can anyone help please?

fanio

Iif it is an older Naildriver the sight likely has a 12 click knob with a scale that is 28.8 Turns Per Inch. To make matters worse, the lines are not spaced one full turn apart...

If your Toxonics Sight has 24 or 32 Marks per inch, select the appropriate scale type in the program. Otherwise follow the instructions below for "Alternate Sights"...

o Set Scale Type for 24 Turn x 10 Click
o Sight In at 20 Yards
o Sight in at 80 Yards
o Lay Archer's Advantage, flexible scale so that 0 is right on your 20 yard mark
o Read position of your Long Mark on Flexible Scale
o Go to Calculate Speed ?V Yard Marks
o Enter Range 1: 20
o Enter Mark 1: 0
o Enter Range 2: 50, 60 or 80 (Whatever Range You Choose)
o Enter Mark 2: Value Recorded Above
o Click Calculate Speed
o Print Sight Tape

You can also use a pair of calipers to read pin gap by selecting Inch or Metric Scale as appropriate.

Dennarcher

AIUK Saviour
Fanio,

Had a go at the procedure that you posted but failed at the "lay Archers Advantage flexible scale etc" point. Which flexible scale do you refer to? Is this something I should have got from AA when I downloaded the prog from their website? Sorry to be a donkey,

Dennis.

Dennarcher

AIUK Saviour
Fanio,

Thanks a million. Went through the whole procedure, printed off and fixed the sight tape as directed and then shot with it this morning.
Every distance spot-on! Highly delighted.

Just one small problem thats to do with gear and not software - wont be able to reach 100yds without the 'scope and the top fletching of my arrows coming together.

Think I'll have to crank up the poundage from the present 43lbs to 50lbs (max) and re-calibrate the sight tape again.

Thanks once again,

Dennis.

M

Moose

You could just pull the sight further in rather than increasing poundage unless you want more poundage

Moose on the loose

Dennarcher

AIUK Saviour
Thanks Moose,
Had already thought of that one but reluctant to do it - eye to sight distance at the moment is just how I like it. Dont use a pin or glowey thingy - the ring on the lens just fits nicely around the target at the longer distances.
No probs with increasing poundage as I also shoot a 55lb longbow.
Much appreciate you reply,
Dennis