AAE Gold Micro clicker

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Has anyone used the Gold Micro clicker from AAE? I am tempted to try one but its a lot of money for a clicker (£38 from Merlin...) I am looking at some new, longer x10's and this looks like it would be a good option for a clicker that is set out on the extension rather than inside the body of the riser, the design looks like it might stop the clicker moving when your packing away etc?

Stretch

Yes. Don’t. :cool:

I mean they are OK but clunky and heavy. The adjustment is fine enough but not “nice” and - at least the original type I have - does not take a Beiter clicker (without a lot of modification to the clicker blade) and the AAE blade (again in my opinion) is crappy, very easy to bend. Again they may have improved this since the earliest versions. I did modify a Beiter to fit and it was OK but after a while I just put it in the drawer - added weight with no added value. Mind you, I don’t have any issues with my clicker moving when I put my gear away but don’t really see why this product would stop it.

There is a German company who make a similar product (but much more expensive)... made by Tec-HRO who make very high quality rifle stuff. One of the German Olympic Women’s team was using one quite recently. It looks like the dogs doo dahs but will probably cost you double :rolleyes: I couldn’t find a link that didn’t include a shop... sorry if the link below breaks policies, the manufacturer does direct sales. (But it is cheaper elsewhere)

TEC-HRO

The AAE ones that mount on the sight bar may be better. I think Casey Kaufold uses one of those with a Beiter ... but again she might have modded it to take a decent blade.

Hope that helps

Stretch

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yes. Don’t. :cool:

I mean they are OK but clunky and heavy. The adjustment is fine enough but not “nice” and - at least the original type I have - does not take a Beiter clicker (without a lot of modification to the clicker blade) and the AAE blade (again in my opinion) is crappy, very easy to bend. Again they may have improved this since the earliest versions. I did modify a Beiter to fit and it was OK but after a while I just put it in the drawer - added weight with no added value. Mind you, I don’t have any issues with my clicker moving when I put my gear away but don’t really see why this product would stop it.

There is a German company who make a similar product (but much more expensive)... made by Tec-HRO who make very high quality rifle stuff. One of the German Olympic Women’s team was using one quite recently. It looks like the dogs doo dahs but will probably cost you double :rolleyes: I couldn’t find a link that didn’t include a shop... sorry if the link below breaks policies, the manufacturer does direct sales. (But it is cheaper elsewhere)

TEC-HRO

The AAE ones that mount on the sight bar may be better. I think Casey Kaufold uses one of those with a Beiter ... but again she might have modded it to take a decent blade.

Hope that helps

Stretch
Thanks for this Stretch, don't think I will bother then....

Archeropteryx

Thanks for this Stretch, don't think I will bother then....
The TEC-HRO is great, perfect for Beiter blades and with a micro tuning scale which the AAE misses. The new version with asymetrical carbon mounting plate fits even on my Gilllo GT29 riser. Definitely worth the money when you change your clicker setting regularly.