Adjustable V Bars

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Does anyone have a suggestion for an adjustable V Bar that actually stays in place? I want to try angling my twins downwards as well as back, but currently use a fixed carbon V Bar, so cant....
I am a bit cautious of the cheap versions as I can imagine them very quickly coming loose and moving under shot vibration, in the same way cheap sights do....

Stretch

If you’re comfortable with the weight then the Mybo are decent and good value. Especially as the old model is now on the secondhand market.

The B-Stinger Block is very good but make sure you get the one with the deeper socket head bolts. The earlier button head bolts will round.

The Easton is very like the Stinger but a bit heavier.

Easton and the Stinger are “toothed” so one moment of carelessness and you can wreck the teeth.

If your pockets are deep Sjef has a walkthrough of the Doinker, Shrewd and Axcel on YouTube. Even if it is out of your price bracket it might give you an idea about what you want/ don’t want.

I have heard good things about the Gillo which is pretty economical (but looks alarmingly like the old Arten bars that were crud). Again, no personal experience.

The W&W Carbon looked interesting but I’ve seen some pretty poor write ups. I have no personal experience of that product.

The robustness of cheaper v-bars just depends on how much mass you intend to put on it and how much shock and vibration you have in your setup. If you shoot light rods with a couple of oz then most will probably hold up just fine. If your running 15” rods with 10oz each then the exotic is probably better value.

If this is your first v-bar with adjustment you might want to buy a quality bar second hand on eBay and see if it really is what you want before dropping a bundle on a new high end bar. Things like the old Doinker Platinum are bomb proof and swap hands for not a lot of cash. They don’t work with a fat extender though. (I can’t use mine with a Easton Pro-link/Contour extender.)

I drank the kool-aid and tried this style setup but it only worked for me if I had 6 or 7 oz on the sides, so that meant 8oz on the longrod + 6 to 8 oz of bar. Too heavy for me, it felt nice, was rock solid but the results... not so much. So I saved 20oz by going back to a 4” extender with 40 deg flat Shibuya Caruno.

YMMV

Stretch

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I've hung up to 18oz off the older style of Mybo adjustable v-bar (compound) without it moving, the cone system they use does seem to be really good. The newer version has marks so you don't have to eyeball matching the angles for twins.

I've also used the Doinker after having the plastic teeth on the Easton (they may have changed the design since) broke yet again, and was pleased that I wasn't able to find a weight that broke their "you can hang any amount of weight" description. For a giggle I once had 52oz hanging on a single rear bar.

AJBrady

If you’re comfortable with the weight then the Mybo are decent and good value. Especially as the old model is now on the secondhand market.

The B-Stinger Block is very good but make sure you get the one with the deeper socket head bolts. The earlier button head bolts will round.

The Easton is very like the Stinger but a bit heavier.

Easton and the Stinger are “toothed” so one moment of carelessness and you can wreck the teeth.

If your pockets are deep Sjef has a walkthrough of the Doinker, Shrewd and Axcel on YouTube. Even if it is out of your price bracket it might give you an idea about what you want/ don’t want.

I have heard good things about the Gillo which is pretty economical (but looks alarmingly like the old Arten bars that were crud). Again, no personal experience.

The W&W Carbon looked interesting but I’ve seen some pretty poor write ups. I have no personal experience of that product.

The robustness of cheaper v-bars just depends on how much mass you intend to put on it and how much shock and vibration you have in your setup. If you shoot light rods with a couple of oz then most will probably hold up just fine. If your running 15” rods with 10oz each then the exotic is probably better value.

If this is your first v-bar with adjustment you might want to buy a quality bar second hand on eBay and see if it really is what you want before dropping a bundle on a new high end bar. Things like the old Doinker Platinum are bomb proof and swap hands for not a lot of cash. They don’t work with a fat extender though. (I can’t use mine with a Easton Pro-link/Contour extender.)

I drank the kool-aid and tried this style setup but it only worked for me if I had 6 or 7 oz on the sides, so that meant 8oz on the longrod + 6 to 8 oz of bar. Too heavy for me, it felt nice, was rock solid but the results... not so much. So I saved 20oz by going back to a 4” extender with 40 deg flat Shibuya Caruno.

YMMV

Stretch
I have an Arten which must be well over 30 years old. I found that once you had the ideal setting, Loctite solved the problem of the bars moving.

Stretch

The current Easton adjustable is machined. Very much a heavier version of the BStinger. The previous Easton form 2008 or so, was as you say... not great :censored:

After shooting the Arten for a few weeks In 1989 I decided that the best thing to do was give it away and buy an AGF. (Which was a good bar but eventually wears out and rattles a little).

Stretch