Advice needed on a new arrow rest.

elthria

Bit of background first, recently returned to shooting after quite a long enforced break due to injury, had to replace quite a few bits of my equipment including my pressure button, but on setting the alignment and centershot I have come across a distinct problem. My centershot is miles out but I have run out of adjustment on the button.

Currently using my old AAE Cavalier wrap around rest. But I could really do with the extra 5 to 6 mm of adjustment that the frame of the rest is preventing me from using.

What rest would people recommend as a replacement? Not fussy as to whether it is wrap around or not as long as I can free up enough button adjustment to get my centershot set properly.

Rest of setup is, left-handed 2008 Hoyt Helix riser with 38lb Hoyt Carbon Integra GP limbs at 68inch Avalon Tec1 pressure button. Shooting 28inch A/C/C 3-04

Stretch

Personally I’d keep the rest and swap the Avalon Tec 1 plunger for something like a Shibuya - it’s a better button And should be fine with the over-cut on the Helix.

If you’re stuck on the button then swap the rest for a stick on flipper. Assuming you want something budget friendly look at any of the £5 to £10 rests in your favourite shop. However, there is not much space on the Helix behind the button so make sure you buy something with a smallish footprint. So something with a spring under the rest like the Midas 102 might work better than the magnet behind like the Avalon Tec 1 rest. I shot a modified W&W WMR200 with the hole enlarged.

Stretch