[Horsebow] AFB/Horsebows acceptance in gnas

steve58

No need for 200lbs pull weight horsebows so a york is going to be a problem ... but then again, no one is going to let us ride a horse up to the 100yrd york target, shoot at 10 yrds then return to the shooting line now are they? ;) :D
I did once see a lady using a mobility scooter at a 2 way shoot at Chantry...

Shot from the "saddle" and shot very well too

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I did once see a lady using a mobility scooter at a 2 way shoot at Chantry...

Shot from the "saddle" and shot very well too
ahhhh I long to see a horde thundering across the steppes on their mobility scooters! :D
... then again....
Could be a way to try out some 'authentic' mobile archery! set up some targets at 50m then ride down the shooting line shooting .... or get 4 or 5 scooters and get them in a circular formation with each archer shooting at their closest approach to the target.

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
If you could get hold of or hire one of those old carnival merry go rounds, everyone could shoot off of the back of the horses. :dizzy:

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Something that should probably be asked.....

Of all the folk that have a horsebow/AFB etc....how many would be looking/wanting to shoot them in competition???

There may well be thousands outs there that have a trad bow of sorts, but they simply have them for fun/enjoyment & have no notion to shoot them competitive.

The flip side of that is...there may be a lot of folk wanting to shoot their trad stuff at GNAS comps, but don't coz of the lack of specific category....

?j?sz

Or you could it this way

YouTube - Kanal von Griffonist

Would make the work parties on the field more interesting

Seriousley, it would be nice to see the various horsebows being able to compete in a class together with other bow styles that are shot off the hand.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Or you could it this way

YouTube - Kanal von Griffonist

Would make the work parties on the field more interesting

Seriousley, it would be nice to see the various horsebows being able to compete in a class together with other bow styles that are shot off the hand.
Thats a man after my own heart :)

Exactly what I'd like to see - a 'historic' category where the various horse bows, ancient bows and longbow (english, indian, japanese) etc get to strut their stuff ... arrow shelf, rest, sight users need not apply

Well Furface has mentioned this thread on his thread re getting onto the GNAS board and how we have no channel to convey our views. mibi if he wins a way to whynge about such things.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Well Furface has mentioned this thread on his thread re getting onto the GNAS board and how we have no channel to convey our views. mibi if he wins a way to whynge about such things.
I believe there has been a couple of requests within Archery UK for feedback from folk who shoot AFB's.

The view AUK was putting forward was that they had no official numbers as to how many folk were using these types of bows...therefore, was it worthwhile introducing them as an official bow style, and also the time involved to calculate handicaps/classifications etc. If sufficient feedback was received, the matter would be progressed.

I don't know how many folk responded....

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I believe there has been a couple of requests within Archery UK for feedback from folk who shoot AFB's.

The view AUK was putting forward was that they had no official numbers as to how many folk were using these types of bows...therefore, was it worthwhile introducing them as an official bow style, and also the time involved to calculate handicaps/classifications etc. If sufficient feedback was received, the matter would be progressed.

I don't know how many folk responded....
Demographics do change and there does seem (within the boundaries of glasgow at least) to be an up swell of archers wanting to have fun.

SO ... what we need is someone to lead us and focus discussion. A man addicted to the horsebow, preferably small, perhaps hairy, who apparently abhors the internal combustion engine and who often wears a silly hat ........ gotta be Uller! ;)