AGB Membership

PLEASE HELP TO FUND ARCHERY INTERCHANGE

Whitehart

I popped on to Sport 80 to renew my direct membership - just one of those things I have been meaning to do but there seemed no rush.

I notice that if I am a member of a club From 1st April the AGB membership fee is halved to the renewal in September, but no such reduction for direct members.

Have I got this right?

HelenW

I think the reduction is for new members joining for the first time, not returning members - they still pay full year whatever stage they join at.

Whitehart

Thanks, in my position I have no need to join a club I have joined my County but for the sake of £25.00 just peeved that there is no consistency across members probably the reason why current membership was down to around 23K in Nov, maybe now we can shoot and with this incentive archers will re-join their clubs. Although I am worried that many have got out of the habit of shooting regularly and when they find it is going to take time to get back to archery fitness or the hassle of covid restrictions on numbers will not return.

AJBrady

Our club lost about 20% of membership last September, and about a third didn’t shoot between then and the latest lockdown. As posters above have said, I think many won’t bother when ArcheryGB finally get round to telling us what the situation is from the 29th March.

BTW When i started shooting many, many years ago, I think new members joining in the summer paid a full fee, but it carried through to September the following year.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
we're not going to bother charging club membership at least this summer but even then we're worried about renewal in september. we kept 90% of the club last september. but only about 50% ever shot during the summer.

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
They have created a problem by this inasmuch as it will cause confusion to members and make it harder for clubs to work out how many paid up members they have at a particular time as most clubs financial years dont start at the GB renewal date. The dispensation only applies to the AGB part of your club fees anyway so offering this "benefit" means that any payment will be in unequal tranches

DorsetWiltsAA

All clubs informed by AGB tonight wef 14/04/21, unless a Direct member, all club based AGB membership is now only via clubs again, personalised renewal dates for 2020-21 lapsed members ceases tonight and all personalised members renewals issued to date revert back to 30/09/21

* A renewing adult member, who was a member in 2019/2020 – will pay £47.00 – membership will expire 30 September 2021.
* A lapsed adult member, from 2018/2019 or earlier – will pay the pro-rata fee for new members – again, membership will expire 30 September 2021.
* A new adult member will pay the pro-rata fee for new members.

For junior members, the same will apply as above, but with the pricing at 12.00 for the renewing juniors, and the junior pro rata fees for lapsed and new junior members"

snowman

So instead of a renewing/rejoining if you were a member in 2019/20 and paying full amount what stops you joining as a new member now and paying a pro rata fee? You are starting anew so you get a new membership number. Am I missing something?

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
i suspect agb is still in full panic mode regarding cash with all reserves of resources committed to the olympics and the membership (sheep to be sheared) falling like a paralysed falcon.
there will be begging emails next .... please sell your home and all your possessions to help fund agb.

(with apologies to the not the nine oclock news who mocked points of views many decades ago for blatantly sucking up to the bbc .... reporting positive letters saying such things as "I think the (television licence) fee is far too low. I would willingly sell my house and all its contents to help the BBC." )