AGF Button Checker

Hi All. I picked up an AGF button checker as part of a second hand set but I have no idea how it works and it didn't come with any instructions. Does anyone out there have a copy or could give me some idea how it works?

dgmultimedia

Supporter
Supporter
It measures the button depth and spring pressure so it can be transferred to a replacement button. No instructions on their web site that I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark31121

Ironman
[FONT=&quot]As I recall, it's a two stage process, and this is all in the instructions supplied with it. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. set the feet of the tool against the face of the bow, then set the central barrel so that it just touches the face of the button. Lock the barrel in place and you've recorded the centre-shot position. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. move the tool so that its spring plunger is in contact with the button tip, then adjust the tension until the measuring line sits squarely inbetween the "too stiff" and "too soft" windows on the side of the tool. In this context a difference between the characteristics of the springs isn't relevant, as you're making a comparison at a fixed point, not over a range. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There are scales on the tool, so you can record the settings on paper if you need to, but I wouldn't be confident that you could just transfer these to another tool and have it all work out okay. On the other hand, it means you can use the same tool to get information about more than one setup.[/FONT]
Not my info, taken off another board from a post by Rik, who's also on here.

Senlac

Supporter
Supporter
I've got one of these things. Don't use it any more as not as accurate as having a second identical button and occasionally checking that they have the same depth and pressure.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Yes I've got one too.

I write down the settings for future reference in case of button accidents. I figure that it won't be 100% right but it will be pretty close and cut down tuning time considerably.

I've got one of these things. Don't use it any more as not as accurate as having a second identical button and occasionally checking that they have the same depth and pressure.
How would you know that they have the same depth and pressure unless you use this tool to measure it???

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
How would you know that they have the same depth and pressure unless you use this tool to measure it???
You can test that two buttons have the same pressure by pressing them against each other. If the pistons recede into the barrels at the same instant then the pressures are the same.

Similarly you can compare the positions of the lock rings by comparing them against each other.