AIM Archery

jonUK76

I hope I'm not breaking rules by posting this here. Just wondering if anyone had any info on what's happening with this company (based in Battle, Sussex). Any local customers on here? Their website went offline around two weeks ago with a cryptic message about "restructuring". That is not a normal procedure for simply upgrading a website, in my experience. I've read (via comments on their public Facebook page) they are neither answering the phone or e-mails now. Up until last week they had listings on eBay which have now all finished. I am just concerned as they tend to be one of the first places I look for my archery stuff and have bought a lot from them in the past. It seems odd as I understand they had fairly recently moved premises and taken on more staff. I haven't got anything outstanding with them, however I had an order delivered pretty much just before they went offline...

Please, no speculation, just info if you have it

JohnK

From comments and posts on their FB page, it looks like they've ceased trading.

I used to buy from them, but their service had become quite unreliable, so I took my custom elsewhere. Still, always a shame to see a supplier closing down. I hope all customers with outstanding orders are refunded.

Corax67

Heard at a league match today that they had ceased trading - conversation was centred around the purchase of new recurve kit and how far one has to travel to get to a shop from the South East coast.

Karl

jonUK76

Yes that's what I feared. Shame if correct. I found their service OK, mostly stuff I bought was ordered on demand from the distributors rather than in stock, so bit of a wait at times but that was fine with me. Yes, I hope no customers orders are in limbo. Have to feel sorry for the staff too. The eBay auctions they were doing looked like a bit of a fire sale with things going massively under RRP - good for the buyers, but not good for AIM.

WillyNelson

I bought my riser & limbs from them last year and they were pretty good, but I had a pretty poor experience with them when I ordered some new arrows at Easter and swore I'd never use them again. If that was widespread I'm not surprised they've gone under. Still a shame though.

ieuan_johns

On the one hand they got me the limbs I wanted that no other shop could, on the other they took 2 months longer than promised to get here and communication was non-existent from them without me prompting several times every time I wanted an update. After hearing similar from others over the past 18 months I would guess they have been having problems for a while.

Still despite the issues it's never great to see a trader go, I hope all customers were sorted first and also that this was a situation of choice rather than due to anything forced upon them by personal circumstance.

AlexNoodles

Yes that's what I feared. Shame if correct. I found their service OK, mostly stuff I bought was ordered on demand from the distributors rather than in stock, so bit of a wait at times but that was fine with me. Yes, I hope no customers orders are in limbo. Have to feel sorry for the staff too. The eBay auctions they were doing looked like a bit of a fire sale with things going massively under RRP - good for the buyers, but not good for AIM.
There was me thinking I had a right result with my new carbon limbs, now I know why!!
Shame to see them go though as their have a go sessions on my boys birthday* is what got us into the game in the first place.

*If you ever read this Colin, thanks again!

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
There are rumours as to why they have gone under but that bit is true, they wont be reopening. One thing that didnt help them was when they refurbished a second barn to use as an indoor range for trying out stuff you might buy etc Rother counciil decided it counted as a leisure centre and added ?7k a year to their rates bill. The saying no good deed goes unpunished seem to apply.

colin P

Hi all
I have been meaning to add my pennies worth over Aim. Personally I am gutted that they have gone under. I bought a lot of my gear from them. They were always cheaper than any other retailer for me. They always told me if they didn't have what I wanted on the shelf. Usually the time scale they offered was correct too. Also I payed less than ?100 for my Easton ACC's from them,with points,knocks,fletched to my requirements and delivered.

Just gutted!