Amateur questions

PLEASE HELP TO FUND ARCHERY INTERCHANGE

carl7

Strange as they reccommend 24 for Compounds 60-70#??
Still it is what it is.
Yeah I know, I thought wow 24 strands? but being my first string I thought what the heck. I think some of the problem is the string material makers themselves, they don't publish any hard facts, just maybe's, could be, etc.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
The number of threads in a string is 100% directly related to nock fit. The threads themselves are FAR stronger than is required to shoot an arrow - I believe there was once report of someone using a bowstring to pull a car out a ditch....

Fromt he BCY website:
It should be noted that all modern materials far exceed the strength required to perform satisfactorily as a bowstring material.

I believe 452x has a breaking strength of around 75# per strand. Therefore a 24 strand string has a breaking strength of around 1800#....a tad overkill on a 32# bow. Strand count is varied depending on the archers nock fit & which materials they use. I tend to use a thinner string, but thicker serving material (0.021), other folk use thicker strings and thinner servings....the outcome is the same - nock fits properly.