Android scoring apps...

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Not wishing to hijack this thread but I've noticed a few users here have signed up to my iOS/Android scoring app (xringscoring.com) but have yet to upload any shoots to the tracking site.

I realise this may simply be due to archers finding the app isn't suitable for their requirements but would hate for there to be unknown bugs etc which prevent the app working on Android phones....?

It works perfectly on iOS devices and seems fine on the Android devices I've tried (most recently my wife's Samsung Galaxy Fame) but given the diversity of those phones its impossible to guarantee coverage (there is a disclaimer on the site to that effect).

Anyway, if anyone has signed up to xringscoring and have found it doesn't work on their device, please send a PM to me or let's discuss on the other thread: http://www.archeryinterchange.com/f282/score-tracking-application-150587/

thanks
Tim

Dr. B

So Tim, willing to give xring scoring a try, but...how?
Can't seem to find a download available anywhere.

eljetico

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Dr. B,

When you sign up to xringscoring, you will receive an email containing a link to the mobile app. Open the link and set a bookmark or if on an iPhone, add it to your home screen. When you open the bookmark it will operate as a native app. No download.

Alternatively, once signed up you can access the mobile app on your device by logging in to xringscoring.com and hitting the 'Mobile App' link. Again, once it opens on your device, set a bookmark/pin to home screen. You can access the scoring app on your desktop this way too (although you will have to resize your window to a vertical orientation).

Basically, the mobile scoring 'app' is a browser-based HTML5 application, available wherever you have a (capable) browser. It uses local storage features of modern browsers (Chrome/Safari are recommended) to work OFFLINE, too, so no connection is necessary to run it (ideal for remote fields and ranges!). You will need a data connection to upload your shoots to the main website, though.

Thanks for your interest - please get in touch if you have any problems or queries!

Tim

Dr. B

Not wishing to hijack this thread but I've noticed a few users here have signed up to my iOS/Android scoring app (xringscoring.com) but have yet to upload any shoots to the tracking site.
It won't let me upload any scores.
It says there may be a connection error.
No problems with phone connection, I'm on wireless at home right now.

J_Dudley

Hi James, don't know whether you still read this, but recently I had your app on my phone, stored on the SD card and I recently changed phones and just swapped SD card into the new phone.
The app was on there but no saved data so I put the SD card back in my old phone to export data and it won't open so is there a file I can copy across with the data in?
Thanks.

Hello

Yes I am still about. Life is mad so not been able to complete the last release just yet.
Anyhow if you still have your old phone then you can export the database from within the app to either the SDCard or Dropbox.
On the new phone you install the app then you can import it back in from the SDCard or Dropbox

The Database itself is saved within the Phones own memory and not on the SDCard so should not affect it changing the SDCard around

Let me know if this is ok or I can help further

Side Note
I am trying to get the next release out but with Christmas and such like it is proving to be difficult.
Will have the ability to save other peoples scores but will still take your own as default. Really testing it and making sure nothing is going wrong (saving mine and my daughters)

The 3/6 arrow for indoor is still being looked at. Just trying to work out the best way to do it

Any issues / questions / features please let me know

messyhead

After the latest update to 1.20.4, it crashes as soon as I try to launch it.

Edit: I actually just checked the version on my phone, and it's showing as 1.21, but the market version is 1.20.4. Has the market version already been reverted? If so, I'll uninstall and reinstall.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Hax

Same here - my phone just auto-updated Archery Scorepad and now promptly crashes on launch. this fills me with dread as I haven't made a backup for a week or so.

James - any chance of a fix for this today please as I was hoping to use it tonight?

Bertybobby

I like the new functionality. Will help tremendously when acting as target captain! Just need those 3 arrow ends for multiple archers for perfection!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hax

James has released another upstate to fix the crashing. All working again now.

Nice one James

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bertybobby

I have just had a go at a hypothetical multiple archer round. It crashes part way through. If I then open up and try to continue round it crashes again.

Done a single archer round with no crash.

Bertybobby

Tried both Bray 1 and Portsmouth on multiple archers. Everything works fine until last arrow of last archer then stops.

Archer 1 score shows as saved.
Had "save score" ticked for extra archers. May be an issue in writing to the database?

CPlater1

Mine is crashing. Do I have to un/reinstall? I haven't done a backup this week either.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Bertybobby

No longer crashing and is saving extra archers scores.

I have noticed though that the filtering and naming on those scores does not appear to work correctly.

When I filter on the extra archer and click all scores it shows scores of all extra archers. Also the archer name did not change when I went through those scores.

Bertybobby

Keep up the good work James! I'm not trying to criticise. Still my default soring app!

J_Dudley

v1.21.5 Release
Added the feature to save upto 4 (including your own which is done automatically) at the same time
All the extra Archers scores are grouped together by the name of the archer

Had some issues with my build Environment so kept creating bad builds even through development builds where fine. I have rebuilt my whole environment and I hope that will fix it for future releases

Sorry for the issues