Android scoring apps...

Hax

No problem James - understand how difficult these things can be. You reacted promptly with the fixes which was appreciated. Plus there was no data lost.

Top job :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
James,

Has the latest release been made available on Blackberry 10 yet....I'm still running 1.17.2 and not received any update notifications....

Thanks

bolerus

is there an option to turn the coloured rings on, I know its a little thing, but somehow feels wrong just scoring on a black target.

If i am honest, it is going to take somthing special to pull me away from archery companion. I like the idea on this one that you plot in where your arrows land so you can see grouping etc. but it doesent feel intuitive me ( will have a go at it next shoot and see how it works in the real world)

Bertybobby

Hi James, I know you are looking into 3 arrow ends for multiple archers, but I have another suggestion as well....

When scoring multiple archers it would be good if you had the choice of deciding where the owner sits rather than defaulting to archer 1. So if I am archer D i can move myself to the back. It can get a bit tricky using at the target face when not in order.

Just a suggestion...!

J_Dudley

The 3 arrows per end is on my list. Its not a quick fix so will take some time to sort out

I like the idea of changing order depending on position. Will look into it and see what would need to be done

One feature I have been asked for which I like to save emails against the extra archer details. so you can email them there scores

sorry about the Blackberry. Its causing me huge issues. Blackberry does not support Dropbox so it needs to be removed before I can re-build it. Going to spend some time trying to get it working on Blackberry

Thanks

cadavis

James, Just got 1.21.6 and it has lost all my scores for the last 8 months, and tell me that I am a new archer, not very happy.

Colin.

cadavis

Hi, no I am afraid not good idea though. But saying that I have never had a problem before, it is only since this last update.

Cheers Colin

Bertybobby

I think though Colin blaming the app when it allows you from within the app to back up to both SD card and Dropbox is a bit rich....

J_Dudley

I do not know why you would lose all the data. You could backup the database and email it to me and I can see if there is anything wrong with it.
I did not add anything in the last release that would delete your scores. Perhaps something is preventing them from appearing

Please note : there is an issue with exporting in 4.4.2 (Android changed how to talk to SDCard) will be fixed in next release

Request time
I am looking at adding Bow Details in that you can record. ie for Recurve, Bacing height, tiler, nock etc etc
For Longbow, Barebow and Compound I do not know what sort of things you would want to record. Can people who shoot these bows please let me know

Thanks

Bertybobby

Many thanks for the three arrow ends indoor James. Have you looked at the ability to move the app owner into any Archer position, e.g. Archer 2, 3 or 4 position? Big job?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bolerus

My (new)mobile is a windows phone ( nokia lumia 920)

there are very few scoring apps on the windows phones, and even less decent ones. Best I have found is Archery Score Card.

Which is very good ( its one of the ones where you touch a representative target and it plots your score) but it is only metric scoring which is a real shame.

J_Dudley

v1.24.3
New Features
- Renamed all FTIA Rounds to WA Rounds
- Added Record Status to Comment. Will show on Export
- Added Dozen Totals to Scorepad View
- Added Archer Name and Bow to Export
- Added "Predictions" Screen when Recording Round. Displays Score needed for Next Handicap, Classification, PB
- Added "Points Needed .." for Saved Score. Displays Score needed for Next Handicap, Classification, PB
- Added Arrow Graph for Saved Score. Displays Number of Arrows per Score
- Added Horsebow

Bug Fixtures
- Corrected an issue with Best Distances not being generated correctly.

Bertybobby

Good stuff James. Keeps getting better.

Have you looked into switching the position of the App Owner from default position 1?

richierni

Hi there, I've been using your app for a while now and found it very useful. I wanted a bit of an easier way to chart all my scores though so I took the database (as exported to dropbox or sd card from the scorepad app) and experimented with running it through google charts. I think they look quite useful!

So, I developed a little website, RR where I could upload the database and view the charts. If anyone wants to use to upload their own database to have a look at their own charts, feel free!

Just go to the home page, click on the archery link at the top, upload your file and then it should appear in the dropdown list so you can click "chart" and see your graphs. If you upload again with the same name it'll just overwrite your previous upload. If you use a new name, you'll get another database. I've been "re uploading" when I've added some new scores.

You can see your overall history on one chart, click a point on there to open 4 charts giving you details of that round e.g. score per end, and click on an end to see the arrow distribution for each end.
No guarantees it'll all work e.g. I haven't allowed for more than 1 archer in the database, or tried it with hundreds of rounds, maybe that's next.
Let me know if it works for you, or what doesn't work!
By the way, use chrome, internet explorer not supported, I'm no web developer :) Here's what the it looks like:

Cheers, Richie.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there, I've been using your app for a while now and found it very useful. I wanted a bit of an easier way to chart all my scores though so I took the database (as exported to dropbox or sd card from the scorepad app) and experimented with running it through google charts. I think they look quite useful!

So, I developed a little website, www.richiereynolds.com where I could upload the database and view the charts. If anyone wants to use to upload their own database to have a look at their own charts, feel free!

Just go to the home page, click on the archery link at the top, upload your file and then it should appear in the dropdown list so you can click "chart" and see your graphs. If you upload again with the same name it'll just overwrite your previous upload. If you use a new name, you'll get another database. I've been "re uploading" when I've added some new scores.

You can see your overall history on one chart, click a point on there to open 4 charts giving you details of that round e.g. score per end, and click on an end to see the arrow distribution for each end.
No guarantees it'll all work e.g. I haven't allowed for more than 1 archer in the database, or tried it with hundreds of rounds, maybe that's next.
Let me know if it works for you, or what doesn't work!
By the way, use chrome, internet explorer not supported, I'm no web developer :) Here's what the it looks like:

Cheers, Richie.

Attachments