Another Tournament, another breach of 307.

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I am, whats known as uuumm accident prone, people at work don't like working with/near/ in the same country as me : D some minor things include arc welding without a mask as I thought it wouldn't take a second, falling through an upstairs floor where we stored glass and was left hanging by one arm with blood running down m arm and the secretary stairing at me, i could fill pages...

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I'm not sure that I would ever confess to such things. Have you thought of asking the Red Cross if they need anyone to practice on with their bandaging, I'm not so sure that archery is for you what with the pointy bits, trip hazards heavy weights and ever the chance of sunburn or insect bites in the summer

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
if you include things like when I was chipping the hot slag off and a bit welded is self to the front of my eye (scar still hovers in my vision ) , was walking across a pile of timber, it shifted and I fell cracking a number of ribs where they join my spine. as a child I was pulling felt of the roof of derelict old peoples homes and walked of backward landing on a pile of rubble head first ..walking home with blood dripping and all the kids going' you are going to get it when you get home' then there's....

jangiolini

I didnt like GNAS for their idiotic rules especially dress code and the same for AGB.
I compete in field archery, dress code is easy it needs to repel brambles, thorns and ticks keep you warm and safe. I did try a kilt but the midgies persuaded me otherwise.
I really pity target archers with all their stupid rules and regulations all I want to do is shoot arrows at targets and enjoy myself with like minded people.
I am sure I would not be welcome in many of the target clubs.

I didnt like GNAS for their idiotic rules especially dress code and the same for AGB.
I wonder if many target cubs insist on rule 307-type clothing at normal club shoots. Mine doesn't. I've worn fluorescent T shirts in the past and usually blue denim jeans.

We do have club colours which do fit in with the dress code (AGB is GNAS) and those who take part in external competitions often wear it - more for convenience in most cases.

It's also worth noting that rule 307 actually applies to record shoots. It doesn't specify other types of shoot but some organisers want it to apply to their tournaments too. But when they put on the entry "rule 307 applies" I don't think they really know what rule 307 is.

"307 (c)
Members of Archery GB shooting and officiating at tournaments granted UK or World Record Status by Archery GB [my italics] are required to wear clothing that is appropriate, clean, in good condition (ie not frayed or worn, either deliberately or by use) and conventional in style and appearance. In particular: etc."

But we know what they mean and if you object then why enter?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I wonder if many target cubs insist on rule 307-type clothing at normal club shoots. Mine doesn't. I've worn fluorescent T shirts in the past and usually blue denim jeans.
Mine used to for club trophy shoots, but hasn't done so for over a decade now.

It's also worth noting that rule 307 actually applies to record shoots. It doesn't specify other types of shoot but some organisers want it to apply to their tournaments too. But when they put on the entry "rule 307 applies" I don't think they really know what rule 307 is.
Not only tournaments, but target tournaments (so not field, clout, flight). Though my county field champs does (for some reason) have "rule 307 will be applied" on the entry form, possibly because they only change the date and whomever wrote it in the first place didn't know better. Of course, TOs have the right to apply the rules they want to, if they do it again I might ask the judges if they're planning on enforcing the rule at equipment inspection! ;)

jangiolini

I have tremendous pride in my sport and wish to promote it. So much so I became a level 2 coach and studying for level 3 also course Captain and SFAA Club Director but still I wear thorn proof ex military trousers (a fraction of the cost of overpriced craghoppers) but have great pride in my clubs black shirt

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I didnt like GNAS for their idiotic rules especially dress code ...
I really pity target archers with all their stupid rules and regulations all I want to do is shoot arrows at targets and enjoy myself ...
I've shot target for over 30 years. I've never once been asked to leave a shooting line. Any old T shirt, any old fleece, any old work clothes, cargoes, work boots, triple weave combats, never once been questioned. Black craghoppers £25 and a black or white polo shirt at tournaments and RS. Nobody has time to ask if they are club colours. I'm sure you would be welcome in most target clubs, even ours :)