Anybody with experience of changing from Hex 6.6 to CVX / Hex 7.2 / Hex 7.5 ?

ColinL

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I think a 65" will be a little too long. 64 1/4 or 64 1/2"
One more...! Sid has told me I'll need a low brace height - 6.5 to 7". So I guess the 64 1/2" string would give me more leverage in terms of getting a short bh? Cheers

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
That's a bit trickier - depends on a lot of things. I'd also aim for a lot of twists in the string - I aim for around one twist per inch. That's more than most makers would allow for, so specify that when you are getting a string made.

ColinL

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I've had my limbs for about two weeks now - but haven't had the chance to shoot them much yet. However I did discover the 64.5" string was too short. Sid recommended a 65" flemish twist which definately works for getting down to the requiered brace height (6.5-7").

My set up is a 25" Uukha riser with short Hex 7.2s at 36lbs. So far every arrow I've tried makes a fearsome racket. I've tried ACGs in 540/610 and 670 all with 120gn piles. Barsehaft 540s and 610s are showing as rediculously stiff - the 670s are slightly better. But I didn't like the sound the bow was making so stopped shooting. Will drop the nock point and get some less-tight nocks and see what that does. Any thoughts?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
The big noise is arrows hitting the riser. I'd go fo at least the 7" BH and see if it's quieter. PM me, we can talk through some set up stuff later.