Anyone shooting Fivics Vellator riser?

Robbie Nude

​Is anyone on here shooting a Fivics Vellator riser . . . and if so what's your verdict?

. . . and while I'm on I might as well ask about Fivics limbs?

Thanks in advance for any reviews/comments.

f_thomas

I am shooting a Fivics FX1 riser that was top of their line 4 years ago and am pleased with it. I have two setsnof Fivics limbs. A older pair of RX1 40" mediums and just bought a new pair of 36# Vellator foam core limbs that impressed me as smooth and fast. I am returning to archery after a six hour spine surgery in December 2017 and am working my way back to shooting very deliberately.

A young man who is extremely talented is shooting a Fivics kit, which is extremely nice. I particularly like the new wooden grip on his bow.

The only downside to Fivics I have experienced is they do not provide the level of Customer Service like their competition. Fivics blew their opportunity to enter the US market in a big way and I understand they are now focusing on Europe.

Nice looking equipment that appears to deliver good quality in their mid and upper end offerings. This is my observation and also gleaned from discussion with a Fivics country specific authorized distributor/dealer.
Which leaves me with a question about the resale value of their line.

How is Fivics being viewed in the UK and Europe?

Robbie Nude

Thanks FThomas for your comments.

Since I posted my original question I've dived a little deeper and got myself a Fivics Titan X2 riser . . . and I'm hugely impressed with its quality and feel.

In a couple of previous 'archery lives' (1970s - 1980s) I shot with 2 different Hoyt risers which were undoubtedly good risers, but this Fivics just feels like a world apart from these.
My most recent riser was a SF Forged+ with which I thought I was quite happy - - until I got this Titan! (It sure is a TITAN!)

Since my original post I've read as many reviews as I've been able to find and all have been very favourable, with most repeating your thoughts that their customer service isn't "quite up there".

I now have to sit a while as the ???s mount up in order to be able to get a set of Titan limbs.

I can't make a comprehensive assessment as to how Fivics is viewed here in the U.K. but my feeling is it is rather low key as the name isn't really established yet in the consciousness of British archery. I think it's something akin to the "Lexus Syndrome" here in the U.K. of some 30 odd years ago when people were reluctant to accept a 'newish brand' could compete on a quality level with the established luxury car class.

f_thomas

Congratulations! I have looked at a Titan riser and it is a nice looking riser, which appears to be well made. I would like to try a set of the new Fivics limbs carbon wood core.

Enjoy!

f_thomas

Something I have noticed with the FX1 riser:

The limbs are working off the outside edge of the limb pocket instead of the edge just inside of the ILF fitting.

That is what Hoyt changed on the new Faktor X riser. They moved the pivot point of the limbs to the outside edge. I am interested if this is just something I am noticing or is it something Fivics built into the riser. If it is a design feature then Fivics seems to be ahead of the pack.