Archery GB Rules

seanplod

Good morning all
Does anyone know what the rules are regarding the vanes on arrows.
In explanation I recently purchased some arrows which were delivered in batches I asked for black and white vanes but did not specify cock and hen vanes. Thls resulted in getting arrows some with white cock vane and some with a black cock vane. I have my name stickers on them which are also numbered so I know I comply with that rule but curious about whether the different vane configuration will fall fowl of the rules

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
When you say some have a white cock vane and some black, do you mean white with two black on some arrows and some with one black and two white? This would clearly be against the rules. Or do you have two black and one white vane on all the arrows but some are aligned white cock vane and some are aligned with one of the two black vanes as the cock vane? This would be odd, although not against the rules but could be sorted by rotating the nock.

Geophys2

AIUK Saviour
Have you complained to the supplier? It should be obvious, even to a half wit, that when you order 8 arrows they should all be fletched the same! AGB rules say that all the arrows on any shot end should all be identical. So if it is a six arrow end then you will fall foul of the rules. OK for indoor except for a Worcester when you need five matching.

AJBrady

It
Have you complained to the supplier? It should be obvious, even to a half wit, that when you order 8 arrows they should all be fletched the same! AGB rules say that all the arrows on any shot end should all be identical. So if it is a six arrow end then you will fall foul of the rules. OK for indoor except for a Worcester when you need five matching.
It seems that the OP ordered them separately and didn’t specify which were to be the cock fletches.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
in competitions run by judges (some form of record status) you need the arrows marked. day to day shootie or fun competitions like the one I ran sunday no-one is bothered. obviously you'd like all the arrows to be fletched the same for identification purposes but we have had beginners select 1 arrow from each of 3 different sets because they "liked the colours!"

pmsoft85

I would be interested in other peoples views as it was pointed out to me recently that the AGB rules make no distinction between record status shoots or otherwise.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
the rules state what the minimum required for record status shoots, so you know that the conditions (not weather) is the same at different shoots. At non-record status shoots the TO (tournament organiser) may choose to drop/add any rule they want. At practice you only really need to follow safety rules. Want to put a peep sight & scope on a recurve?? In practice that's fine.

seanplod

so if as you say your arrows "must be identical" how literal is that ? what say, you have some arrows which have your name stickers run point to fletch and some with fletch to point ? or you have your name stickers aligned to the cock vane on some and some on the hen vanes? What about different coloured nocks ? I guess it would come down to how literally the judges takes that rule to be ?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
vanes and nocks yes, as they are things that make up an arrow*. Names, numbers (if they are also put on) aren't bits that "make up an arrow" but extras for tournaments.

* the very definition of an arrow in the rules is point, shaft, fletchings, nock.