Archery Interchange Facebook & Twitter Connectivity

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Archery Interchange is now connected with Facebook and Twitter - if you'd like to associate your Facebook account with Archery Interchange click your username at the top, in the drop down select "Connected Accounts". Facebook accounts can also be used to register and log onto Archery Interchange.

Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 10.27.18.png

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Twitter connectivity added.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Sorry Dave,
But there's no way I'm giving AIUK the authority over my Twitter account that it is requiring. WAY too draconian for my tastes, I wouldn't let any external source have that kind of power.
Facebook is a bit more benign, but I still don't see any need to connect to it.
I've always preferred to keep my online activities 'air-gapped' & under my own control.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Sorry Dave,
But there's no way I'm giving AIUK the authority over my Twitter account that it is requiring. WAY too draconian for my tastes, I wouldn't let any external source have that kind of power.
Facebook is a bit more benign, but I still don't see any need to connect to it.
I've always preferred to keep my online activities 'air-gapped' & under my own control.
Not a problem :) It's just there if it's needed :D

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Just out of interest, what information did it request? As far as I'm aware it doesn't give AIUK any authority over either FB or Twitter accounts.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
Everything!
Including the ability to make posts in my name.
Gimme a mo & I'll post a screenie.
Thanks LoN, that sort of stuff certainly wan't there when set up!!!!! Or... just thinking, that may be the default Twitter message that's spat out when an app. request goes in. AIUK has absolutely no authority to do anything to or on your Twitter account; but I'm guessing other apps. do!

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
That sounds like the standard app permissions thing for Twitter, that all current Twit users have already agreed to: address book, photos, posts etc etc etc. If you use Twitter on your phone you've already clicked ok to all of that and a lot more, including use of microphone!

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
For those sort of reasons I do not & will not have an active smartphone, although I have a 'featurephone' in the car for emergencies. My PC has no microphones or cameras permanently attached & no way I'm EVER allowing Alexa into my home. People are too quick to sign away their privacy for 'free stuff' imo!

oldnut

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
For those sort of reasons I do not & will not have an active smartphone, although I have a 'featurephone' in the car for emergencies. My PC has no microphones or cameras permanently attached & no way I'm EVER allowing Alexa into my home. People are too quick to sign away their privacy for 'free stuff' imo!
my only phone is an old clam phone, which I seem to keep forgetting to take with me. people seem to either think its weird your not available to them whenever they choose or are annoyed that I don't answer within 3 nano secs!