Archery Mind in Top Gear.............Doh!

Medoc

Ironman
Ahh there I was on the line at Adel today, brain in archery mode (thanks to the lack of beer, wine or alcohol of any sort last night), I am going along quite nicely and about half way through the round, I draw up and am at full draw aiming etc and something just doesnt feel right.

So my highly tuned archers brain says "this doesnt feel right, youve been aiming too long, better come down and start again, because you know you always make a mess when you try to shoot an arrow when it feels wrong"

So (for once) I listen to the good advice and start to let the pressure off and as the cams start to roll over, THWACK the arrows gone and missed the target only just on the boss at 6 oclock.

What the stupid thing that I have for a brain forgot to tell me was "DONT FORGET TO TAKE YOURE THIMB OFF THE TRIGGER" stupid brain I never should have listened to it!!!!!

Outcome 561 with a miss!! DOH

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Ouch! ;) I did something similar when shooting recurve at the Pendle and Samlesbury indoor. I started letting down and then...let go! :shocked: The arrow hit the floor, bounced off the side wall and ended up behind the netting and behind target 3. One remodelled X7 to show for it.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Why was Medoc not awarded a fonz for this?? I thought it was rather good - especially the 'thimbs' bit!! :raspberry

Gold Flinger

Fonz Awardee
Well LMP, I think that if we take this incident at face value, there's not enough widespread humiliation to warrant an award. If he'd shot himself in the knee or demolished a fire exit sign, that would be a different story, but I'm afraid I can't dish Fonzes out "willy-nilly" for fear that it may lower its stature and diminish the achievements of other, more deserving cases.
Hope this helps! :D

SLOWHAND

Left side of brain "come down it's not feeling good". Right side of brain " no it's ok".
Left side of brain "come down, you've been aiming too long". Right side of brain " no it's Really ok just a second longer".
Left side of brain "come down, you Know you have to". Right side of brain " no it's really ok just a bit longer and it'll be in the gold".

Shoot, in the seven.

Right side of brain " damn". Left side of brain "there! told you so".

tel

Fonz Awardee
I thought they were my own personal little voices - I didn't know they could be heard outside.......