ArcheryGB activating online account

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Sooooo...........

my ArcheryGB card arrived this morning. The attached info said "Please activate your online account".

So I went to the address given and followed the on-screen instructions on the site and set up a log-in. So, I have a Sport:80 dashboard; there is no membership number; odd I think so I try to add it. It starts trying to make me a direct member and telling me what it's going to cost.

So I guess there's something wrong; it's obviously not linked to my existing AGB membership. Anybody have any idea what did I do to mess this up?

David

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
tried to use something run by Sport:80??

(not biased in any fashion)

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Well I wasn't overjoyed by the idea but I thought that I'd better in case it was connected to the new one man one vote thingy.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Well, after a couple of days and a lot of emails and help from a very helpful lady called Sharon I got my account activated.

I really hope that I was some sort of weird edge case and they don't need to do that for all 40,000 members :rolleyes:

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Well, I've had a look round my account, and in the words of the late great Douglas Adams, it doesn’t seem to achieve much but I'll probably find out what it's for later on.