Compound Bow Are these "beyond parallel" limbs?

robert43

I used the Bowmaster for all my bows up 'till my PSE with over parallel limbs. I found the Bowmaster seemed like it was just hanging on by its fingernails on the PSE limbs. The Synunm, although way over priced in the UK as it can be found in the USA for $99.99, has a better profile for keeping contact with the limb tips. It's dead easy to use and extremely quick. Because it's a continual pulley it can let the bow right down. It's a shame it's so over priced in the UK.
Very true about the price the Synumn here in Oz is $300 but I got the Cartel here in Oz for $110 & best part for bows like Hoyt bows parallel limbs you can buy the adapter ( Synumn brand)

caspian

What does it do better than the Bowmaster? The number of ropes on the Synumn press scares me a little, in that it looks quite complicated!
the Bowmaster has very little throw, and the jacking screw is always where you don't want it, rubbing on your string and getting grease on it. and if one of those little crimped on brass sleeves lets go you don't want to be in the same room.

the Synumn is quick and has a huge amount of throw. the "rigging" looks a little daunting but if you lay it out on a flat surface and arrange it, all becomes clear - everything is held in place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c-jaDzCIXI

robert43

Thing I like about the Synunm press compared to the Bowmaster its so fast to press & unpress. At home I use a bike work stand as a bow vice & I can use my press like a full size press.
I have complete stripped down & changed limbs on a PSE Xpression3D.
I did run out of rope / cord to full press but what I did was when I got to the max I put a ratchet strap on both end clamps between the cord took up the strain & able to adjust the cord ie length it & go again.
I had to do reverse putting the bow back again after limb change.
Its really good for string change peep insulation etc . Look for the Cartel 1 about 1/2 the price

jonUK76

Thanks. I've just ordered a Cartel look-alike. The nearly ?200 cost of the Synumn I thought excessive for what it is.

robert43

Thanks. I've just ordered a Cartel look-alike. The nearly ?200 cost of the Synumn I thought excessive for what it is.
The only thing I had to do with the Cartel version is ream out the holes where the cord goes with a deburrer or large drill bit as it made my cord frey no biggie , & easily replaced at a heard ware store is too much damaged . I never had to but if ever did easily done.
1 thing I like about the press you can store it quite small space & has red & blue ends . Blue means its the top for where you pull the main cord downwards.
Also like I said if you get say a Hoyt Hyper force etc you can buy the adapters . I havent as I owned a Hoyt PCE & Podium & a PSE Xpression 3D

jonUK76

Thanks for the tips. Got the CX-5 press now. The drilling looks OK on mine, it doesn't seem to be chafing the rope. I found it very easy and quick to press the bow to the point the string and cables are relaxed, no great strength required, and the brackets lock on to the limbs perfectly with no sign of slippage at all. Also they don't seem to prevent removal of the yoke cables which is good.

Some minor annoyances are the ease with which everything gets tangled when stored (can be prevented if packed away carefully), and it took a while working out how best to use it so the ropes don't interfere with the string stop/cable guide rods.