Argyll Field Archers Unmarked Shoot

MikeD

For anyone going to ScoCo 2008 in you are in for a treat on the Sunday! The Argyll club have done a fantastic job putting together a challenging course in a stunning setting. Just a pity that the Saturday will be wasted walking back and forth on a flat field ;) I'm going to have to work out how I can get to ScoCo, even if just for the Sunday...

Brian managed to organise a warm sunny day and provided Industrial Strength Deet to keep the midges at bay. A relaxing lunch break at the Smokery set us up for the afternoon 12 targets.

Thanks Brian and the Argyll Field Archers for a great day! We are looking forward to a time when you can run 24 marked or 24 unmarked rounds. Good luck with getting funding :)

Meddler

What MikeD said...

Thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Well done to Brian for getting the field course off the ground as well as organising his first competition.

Now let's start spreading the word and getting more people interested in coming along.

J

John (OSF)

I thought it was well supported locally, how many turned up to shoot Iain?

Meddler

Nobody shot me!!!

I got off the course with no wounds bigger than a midge bite! (and irreperable cell damage caused by Brian's industrial strength midge repellent).

I think there were about 13 people there all told. At least Brian (Field Captain) and 7 shooters from AFA, and 5 from elsewhere. MikeD, Gordon J, Eddie S, Duncan S, me. I'm bound to have missed somebody off the list. I was the only one shooting recurve freestyle. There were 4 compounds, 2 longbow, 5 trad recurve. IIRC - but Brian would have more details.

bkupris

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
For anyone going to ScoCo 2008 in you are in for a treat on the Sunday! The Argyll club have done a fantastic job putting together a challenging course in a stunning setting. Just a pity that the Saturday will be wasted walking back and forth on a flat field ;) I'm going to have to work out how I can get to ScoCo, even if just for the Sunday...

Brian managed to organise a warm sunny day and provided Industrial Strength Deet to keep the midges at bay. A relaxing lunch break at the Smokery set us up for the afternoon 12 targets.

Thanks Brian and the Argyll Field Archers for a great day! We are looking forward to a time when you can run 24 marked or 24 unmarked rounds. Good luck with getting funding :)
Thanks Mike for the kind words. It was great for our club members (mostly newbies) to rub shoulders with some veteran archers. I think it opened their eyes a bit to the possibilities available for bowstyles and and generally how nice it is to have visiting archers at our venue. The comments I got were "wow they were good shooters" and "what a very pleasant bunch of guys" :)

We are on a mission to complete the 12 marked course and then we will have a proper playground! :)

bkupris

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
I will stick the results in the drop box if I can figure out how to do it LOL

bkupris

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
The results are in the drop box..