Arrow collars - Amazing little blighters aren't they?!

DarkMuppet

I had a really fantastic session indoors tonight. Form was spot on and it flowed brilliantly. Anyway, I had an arrow bounce out of the target with a rather noisy "thunk" and saw it fall to the floor. I knew it had hit an arrow but didn't know whos ...
We get to the target and see my mate's 2014 X7 with it's nock split right down the middle but amazingly absolutely no damage to the rest of it! The aluminium collar had stopped the robin hood in it's tracks!

We put the arrow in the hole it had made for a photo though ... :D

barbaralit

I did the same tonight! except it was my own arrow and no collar so its wrecked. At least I was finally getting a group after trying to repair the damage of being coached!

Attachments

M

Moose

That was the luck of the shot and possibly how heavy the arrows were

Last time I did that it went 50% of the way down the shaft

But I have 220gn propins in my X7's so they hit hard

posted by moose on the loose

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Last Sunday morning we had to shoot indoors due to the quagmire of the archery field. On one end, one of my arrows hit the target with the sound like a gun going off! I commented that I must have hit a lost pile in the straw boss. When I removed the arrow there was no sign of anything metal in the hole, neither was it sticking out of the rear of the boss. Two ends later another archer found a stainless steel pile on the ground 3' behind the same boss!

Dennis

DarkMuppet

That was the luck of the shot and possibly how heavy the arrows were

Last time I did that it went 50% of the way down the shaft

But I have 220gn propins in my X7's so they hit hard

posted by moose on the loose
It's a wonder your target doesn't move back an inch or two after you shoot! :D

My ACEs are light in comparison to the X7s so they managed to absorb the shock and took no damage either.

ThomVis

31" Easton Platinum Plus 2016 with 100gr NIBB points, the Super Uni Bushing didn't save the shaft from rear-enders. One ballooned, one cracked.
Check the nock and bushing from the offending arrow. With mine the bushing and nock were both 1mm out.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
our robin hood machine (or stu as he prefers to be known) on leathering an x7 caused it to peel like continuous pencil shavings from a pencil. very impressive

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
The collar remained intact on my X7 too. You can just about see it through the crack in the shaft:

AmorousX7s.jpg

DarkMuppet

Just thought, the reason neither arrow was damaged may be down to the soft foam boss, the target took some of the shock out of the impact and maybe let the arrow go in further? :)

buzz lite beer