Arrow selection

PLEASE HELP TO FUND ARCHERY INTERCHANGE

wingate_52

I have started shooting outdoors. My indoor X7's are too fat and heavy at 90 and 100 yards. Any suggestions about Easton ACC's or Navigators. Spinwings or regular fletchings, please comment and advise.

Field Archer

Easton ACC's and Navigators are both very good arrows and will be lighter than your X7s. Of the two I would choose the Navigators as they are a smaller diameter shaft and also lighter of the two.

The other shaft to consider would be the Cartel Triple, even smaller diameter and much cheaper than the others.
As for spinwings vs. vanes, you have to make your own choice.

I use spinwings because they are very light, reducing the total weight and help to increase the FOC, but they can be very high maintenance.

Barry C

There is no point buying acc when triples are same price and shoot as good if not better than navigators. Also much cheaper to replace because they are not sold in matched sets. Mank of the Korean school children shoot triples!

Archery1st

My recommendation would be go for the Easton Navigators, the basic reason for this is simple, I have a spine tester and have bought Nav's and Triples, when testing the consistency of spine between 2 doz of each the Nav's had a spine difference of 0.5% whereas the Triples had a 7% spread, also the weights of the bare shafts and matching components weren't as close (Nav's 1.1grain spread, Triples 4 grain spread).</p>

Now I understand that some good scores have been shot with all arrows, but when you want to get arrows of the shelf, and not mess with spineing them, weighting them etc you can't go far wrong with Nav's.? As for buying in matched sets of 12, look around there are stores which will sell part sets if money is really that much of an issue.</p>

.jpg

I've been shooting Cartel X-Perts for a couple of weeks now. In comparrison to the Triple's or ACC's it's heavy, but it does the job. In fact, with the size of the break off point, it weighs nearly the same as an X7.

Get NAP Quickspin vanes. They rock ;) Though they might struggle a bit at 100 yards.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Get NAP Quickspin vanes. They rock ;)
I've got some four-inch ones on my indoor arrows. They'd certainly struggle to get more than 40 yards. But indoors they get the points, and the laughs. ;)

wingate_52

Bought the navigators with screw in points. they shot really well, even to my surprise at 8o yards, grouping nicely. Alas, no more improvements to equipment available, i'll have to learn to shoot properly now.

droseman

I recently bought the Cartel Triples with K-Archery spin wings, they seem to be a great combination. btw, I shoot 35lb on the fingers with 27" arrow length, soon to be cut to 26" (I have short arms;)) It seems the whole world is using triples now, they can't all be wrong !!!

Dave

Barry C

I shot better scores with triples in the wind than with my?ace's. It goes against conventional opinion but hey, it worked for me. In this country buying Navigators is a no brainer. In america Nav's are same price as triples so people tend to go for them there.?

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Why is that a surprise, they're thinner and heavier... (though not as much so as X10s)