Arrow spine advice

BarebowBacca

Afternoon,
Looking for some spine advice.
Shooting a Buffalo with hex 6w limbs. 31" draw and arrow length. 48 - 50 on my fingers (club bow scale isn't fantastic).
Any recommendations of where to start on arrow selection?

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
If you are planning to use standard target weight points, ie 100-120gn, I'd go for a spine up from that recommended by the Easton charts, but get them cut 1/2" too long, and be prepared to cut them down. You can take it off but not add it on.
Where are you measuring your draw length to? Button? Throat of grip? Button + 1.75"?

BarebowBacca

I measured my draw length as throat plus 1.75" (no button on a buffalo). Arrows at 31" have the end of shaft in line with the front of the rest.
The help is very appreciated, love how these limbs feel compared to the stock Buffalo ones (smooth with my long draw).

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
It's tricky, not seeing you or knowing what you are looking for, but I'd look at at least one spine up (maybe 2), a bit longer in the length (maybe 3/4" as you are coming close to the rest).
If you were shooting a full target rig I'd suggest using the other button hole, so if you have the option, put the rest as far away from you (to the back of the bow) as you can. It'll give you plenty of room for the shaft to flex on it's pass.
Do you live anywhere near Perris? They do an in-house arrow selection service. It costs, but I believe you get that off a set of shafts when you purchase. Failing that see what you can beg or borrow from other shooters. Take a look on Ebay or sale sites for a few shafts in your range before you splurge on a dozen new ones.

BarebowBacca

The advice is appreciated.
I'll go up one spine from the chart and get a few screw in points and see how it goes before buying a full set. Maybe an Acc 3-60 with a 100gr point.
No where near Perris, and the nearest shop sells arrows in sets of 8. So off to the internet shops for a single shaft.