Arrow Wraps

PLEASE HELP TO FUND ARCHERY INTERCHANGE

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I was checking my arrows today; nocks, points, on the spinner, fletches etc.

I noticed that on four of them the wraps were coming unstuck and unpeeling.

I first started using wraps about ten years ago when Easton changed the formulation of their anodising, and Bohning's glue stopped working catastrophically. I then just never stopped.

I glued them back down, but couldn't help wonder if they are more of a liability than a benefit these days?

Stretch

I shot wraps for a while, loved the precision lines, numbers etc (I used the ones from those nice folks in the Netherlands). Never had one come unpeeled. In fact getting them off took a lot of effort.

I stopped using the when I switched to pin nocks. You just can’t see tail end cracks with wraps unless you punt the wrap down the shaft. I got out of the habit And now I think they look better with no wrap.

I don’t think they are a liability but I’d try a different brand in they are unpeeling.

Stretch

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Well, I've used ArrowSocks for years with no issues with adhesion. But I remember when applying the last batch wondering whether they were quite up to snuff. Maybe they have a new supplier for vinyl; I don't know.

But it has made me question whether or not I need them at all...

AJBrady

I’ve just wrapped my new ACCs with ArrowSocks. As good as they always have been.

I like the ability to fletch with superglue but not have the problem of removing fletches from the carbon.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I’ve just wrapped my new ACCs with ArrowSocks. As good as they always have been.

I like the ability to fletch with superglue but not have the problem of removing fletches from the carbon.
Maybe it's just one bad batch that I got.

Nevertheless, it's put the thought in my head, so maybe I'll leave the wraps off a few the next time that I fix some damage and see how it goes wrt losing fletches and finding lost arrows.

I use FMJs so I don't have the problem of getting the fletches off carbon.