Arrows falling to the right

Lemon

My arrows have started falling consistently to the right, even with the sight pin as far right as it will go. I'm compensating for this with a stiff plunger poking quite some way to the left, but this can't be the best solution surely? Can anyone advise? Thank you!

About me:
- Recurve
- Right handed
- 22lb and 28lb limbs (problem occurs with both sets of limbs but more pronounced with 28lb)
- 30-inch Easton Jazz arrows with 1816 spine

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
You might be watching the arrows, rather than looking at the gold until the arrows land. If you start to watch the arrows, it is tempting to move the bow out of the way, to get a better view. That starts happening sooner and sooner; so as you release, the bow has already moved to the right.
This can go undetected as we are so keen to see where they are going.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
And you use the same arrows and button for both sets of limbs?

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Arrows too soft?
Contact with riser?
What weight OTF?
What draw length?
What point weight

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
1816 Jazz arrows, 30" long are so soft they aren't even on the Easton chart.....
Assuming you have around a 28" draw and have been sold long arrows, then even your light limbs are too strong for those arrows.
If you want to shoot 28lb limbs, you should be looking somewhere nearer a 1916 or 2013 arrow.

First thing to try, see if you can borrow some stiffer arrows off someone in the club, doesn't matter if they are exactly right spine, just stiffer. If that improves the situation, then its new arrow time.
Other thing is check your set up, is the arrow tip just to the left of the string, sight above the centre of the arrow shaft, then adjust where the arrow lands with the button stiffness.