Attaching handles to a Pro Boss target - ideas?

pipeski

Our club has just invested in a couple of Pro Boss bosses. They're quite light, but obviously very bulky, and there's nowhere to grip them. I'd like to attach a handle to each side, so that our less mobile club members can lift them onto the stands.

I had the idea of gluing a piece of plywood to each side to provide attachment points for handles, but I have no idea what sort of glue to use that won't (a) come loose from the foam, or (b) melt or otherwise wreck the foam.

Any suggestions for a suitable glue? Anyone done this? Are there better ways to do this?

ThomVis

In the past I've wrapped some paracord around a foam block and made a handle using some PVC pipe.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
When we tie our foam bosses to the ground the rope if fixed using strong nails. Could that idea be modified to make handles? If metal causes archers to worry about arrow damage, then wooden dowels could be used instead.

mbaker74

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I would get a strip of 1" wide webbing, long enough to go right round the outside of the target. Glue or better stitch two handles to the webbing, half the circumference apart, then put the webbing round the target as tight as possible as glue or stitch it together....
We own several of the pro-boss targets, and I would say that if your members need a handle to pick hem up, they probably shouldn't be trying to lift them anyway?

pipeski

I would get a strip of 1" wide webbing, long enough to go right round the outside of the target. Glue or better stitch two handles to the webbing, half the circumference apart, then put the webbing round the target as tight as possible as glue or stitch it together....
We own several of the pro-boss targets, and I would say that if your members need a handle to pick hem up, they probably shouldn't be trying to lift them anyway?
It's not so much strength as having to bend right down to the ground to get their hands underneath before lifting.